Ficus tree hates me...

My son just dropped all my silkworm poop great View attachment 232550

Gonna have to start mowing the carpet!

I'd give the tree time to adjust without changing much else... I wouldn't move it outside just yet. Some plants are really sensitive to being moved and will drop leaves in protest. They'll come back. With plants, they are more likely to die due to too much TLC vs. a little neglect.

I think any window is considered to be "medium light" unless something is obstructing it.

Gonna have to start mowing the carpet!

I'd give the tree time to adjust without changing much else... I wouldn't move it outside just yet. Some plants are really sensitive to being moved and will drop leaves in protest. They'll come back. With plants, they are more likely to die due to too much TLC vs. a little neglect.

I think any window is considered to be "medium light" unless something is obstructing it.
Yeah I am going to leave it alone for now. It was in a tiny pot so I got one that was about 3 times the size. I think I made it mad lol.

Too much sun hun. Pothos like light but not direct hot light. Bring it back inside and it will stop yellowing.
^ I'd agree, find partial light if you can. The fact that the others are all thriving in alot less light should prove to yourself that you have right conditions indoors ( where they love) Outdoors is a dif. beast forsure

Yeah when we get constant rain or fog sunlight is difficult. The last week with no sun coming in the window may have been the straw that broke the camels back for her. The "hedges" out side are actually really thick and they are as tall as our second story windows. So they block quite a bit of direct light downstairs.
Damn that sucks, are they your neighbours bushes or yours? Either way a quick slice of a chainsaw lol, problem solved

^ I'd agree, find partial light if you can. The fact that the others are all thriving in alot less light should prove to yourself that you have right conditions indoors ( where they love) Outdoors is a dif. beast forsure
I was telling myself it was because of the rock but fine I guess I'll bring it inside and just throw it in a closet :LOL:

I was telling myself it was because of the rock but fine I guess I'll bring it inside and just throw it in a closet :LOL:
LOL Pothos really do not require much. I have two from Beman's first enclosure that he pretty much destroyed. I have them on a shelf not near a window and constantly forget them. I don't think I have watered them in over two weeks. They are growing like crazy. 1 now has 2 foot vines.

LOL Pothos really do not require much. I have two from Beman's first enclosure that he pretty much destroyed. I have them on a shelf not near a window and constantly forget them. I don't think I have watered them in over two weeks. They are growing like crazy. 1 now has 2 foot vines.
I started with 1 pothos and I just keep propagating it into other pots because the roots are getting too much for the pot. The one in Pesto's enclosure is getting MASSIVE. Its grown bigger than the original plant itself. I also have an ivy near Pesto's enclosure and I think it's getting some of the light from the grow bulb because half of it is THICC and the other side of it is brown and dying lol. But it has vines at least 3 feet long, if not 4

We rent and they are on the neighbors property. They are full of pink flowers. I took out my girly plant trimmers but lets just say the bushes won...
LOL, you tried. thats all that matters. I'd just pull out any dead leaves stuck in tree, Give the other leaves a chance to soak up some rays. I had one years ago that did same thing when i got it, but it bounced back

Ok so basically I have a plant that is a toddler. :hilarious:
Yup! SOMEHOW I have managed to keep my focus alive but it did have a bit of a tantrum when I kept adjusting its place in Leo’s cage. Lately Leo has started munching its leaves so it’s definitely seen better days. :LOL: It keeps growing new leaves though!

Almost all plants will suffer a little bit when they are moved to a different substrate. My own ficus benjamina lost most of its leaves at the lower section in the first few months but have already started growing new leaves. My pothos did not suffer at all though. They grew all the way to the top of the enclosure and got burned by the heat of the basking light.

Currently I have a ficus benjamina, dracaena reflexa(native to Madagascar), pothos, wandering jew, 3 types of tillandsia, begonia rex, coleus, pink earth star(Cryptanthus), Fittonia and succulent(sansevieria superba). I am going to add a mini white moth orchid and maybe stick a few small ferns to the background.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190518-124252_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190518-124252_Gallery.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom