fertile or not

paulgrant

hi guys

how do i know if my eggs are fertile
looking at them they are just off white (might just be the dirt) but shine a light through them and they are yellow
they are not even a week old yet jus wondered if you can help

thanks

yes she did mate she was in with him for 3 days . its still early i am just very interested to know how to tell . none have caved in or started to mold so fingers crossed they will be ok

i will get a pic later as i am at work for another hour or 2. i still cabt believe how many came out of her. (68)

hi joe

how can you tell
i guess you have breed alot and just know?

I can't tell for sure, but based on what you've described, the pics, and my personal experience breeding them, I see no reason why they wouldn't be.

BTW - they will appear totally yellow inside when candled until they break diapause. This can go on for months. Then they should be pink colored with dark red (almost black) parts inside.

Gravid W/C Nosy Be, when do u use bucket?

I just purchased a female nosy be w/c. I know, but i really wanted her. I also bought the daddy and another small juvie female. My problem is i am pretty positive she is gravid and mated with the male she was housed with for a month or so. She is pretty chunky and looks full of eggs, but she is still eating. I keep her enclosure completely covered so hopefully she will acclimate easier. Every time i clean or mist or feed her she is always in the same spot, high on top. Should i just wait until she gives me the sign? Or should i start putting her in the bucket to lay? I do have a small laying bin in her enclosure and she hasn't been in it as far as i know, no dirt on floor of cage. Because she is w/c i'm a little unsure of the situation and which direction to take. Also, I want to have her treated for parasites ( even though he said they were already treated) but isn't it true that gravid females can't be treated? Or is that a misconception i have?

Debby

The eggs look fertile. The color is one indicator.

Your male shows severe signs of MBD...has he always had this? Has it been treated?

I think your female is suffering from it to some extent too.

Good luck with the eggs!

im using all the proper lighting (uv + heat lamp ) i have only had the male a few months and the female a little longer than that . so any mbd would have come from previous owners

Kinyonga, are you saying that because of the way his legs look?

Paul, does your male hold himself up high when on the branches or does he hunker down and hug the branch? Chams with severe mbd have trouble holding themselves up and often let the branch support some of their weight...

Back
Top Bottom