Ferrets!!

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
So something I love to do is pick an animal and do as much research as I can on that animal, and this time its ferrets. I do plan on getting 3 ferrets later in life (Champange, Black sable, and Roan) but as of now, Im only allowed to day dream lol. If any of you have ferrets, can you please give me a list of supplies, your favorite outlet for ferret supplies, an estimated cost to get started, where you got your ferrets and of course pictures of your carpet sharks!

My little girl has 2 males Lester and Leon to be specific lol. Let me tell you they will get into EVERYTHING if you let them roam around the house. You have to baby proof any room they will be allowed in. They are fun to watch and are extremely affectionate they want to be in your lap if your sitting down. They can be litter box trained and for us that was a chore to get across to them. Lester will go back to his cage and use the litter box if he’s out roaming around but Leon will just find a corner. They both love to play with my dog and neither of them seem to be afraid of her. You have to really stay up on their cage cleaning and bathing them or they will smell pretty quickly. In the end they are a blast though.

So I have had numerous ferrets over the years. I could not give a list of supplies, as it depends how you plan to keep them.

Here are my tips.
Marshals for food and nutritional needs. I started when they recommended kitten food. The difference when fed proper food is amazing.
Cages.
Ferrets can sleep 18 hours a day, so a proper cage is fine. I have always put two cages together, using one for the litter box. This helps keep their play area clean.
I have let them roam my house, but as mentioned they get into everything, and they are thieves. I had one learn to open the fridge. He would steal and hide raw meat, not cool lol.
They are great pets, I love them

oh and don’t get the tall cage, they prefer tunnels. So long cage. There are commercial tunnels, or dryer vent hose works.

Back
Top Bottom