Female Veiled LOVES Handling

Yes I absolutely do! She’s been like this for about two weeks now and soon as I noticed her colors change I got her a bin. Mix with 50/50 :)
Perfect 👌🏻👌🏻 Because within a few weeks the hell of having a female and laying her first clutch could start 😒. Sometimes the first time is the toughest, then they know what to do.
Maybe you’re lucky already at the first clutch or maybe she doesn’t develop eggs, but at least you’re prepared 👍🏻👍🏻🍀

Perfect 👌🏻👌🏻 Because within a few weeks the hell of having a female and laying her first clutch could start 😒. Sometimes the first time is the toughest, then they know what to do.
Maybe you’re lucky already at the first clutch or maybe she doesn’t develop eggs, but at least you’re prepared 👍🏻👍🏻🍀
324CDBCB-C789-4949-A5E9-BB9FB9FD2330.jpeg
This is Lily currently, she looks very big to me and she lets me touch her stomach (I was told you can feel the eggs?) 🥚

Yup, she’s a plump pretty girl and probably has some eggs in there. Make sure to keep the lay bin moist throughout so that it holds a tunnel without collapsing. Her colors and patterns may change subtly or dramatically as she gets closer to being ready. On mine, their dots become darker but the day my one girl first laid, she actually paled.

Yup, she’s a plump pretty girl and probably has some eggs in there. Make sure to keep the lay bin moist throughout so that it holds a tunnel without collapsing. Her colors and patterns may change subtly or dramatically as she gets closer to being ready. On mine, their dots become darker but the day my one girl first laid, she actually paled.
Thank you! I just made a new post about her because I wasn’t sure if she was or not

I mist the lay bin often also! and made some tunnels myself hoping it would give her the idea of it. I’m glad I’m doing things right

I have a Jackson’s and he is quiet and stealthy and very easily intimidated. He does not like to be handled at all and will do anything to avoid it so I respect his wishes and watch him from across the room. I love watching him. He’s so beautiful and graceful! Sometimes when I can’t find him I’ll go up to his cage and actively look for him and then suddenly I’ll realize he’s right in front of my face! Lol!

Haha this is why I don’t have a female
However I do understand your thoughts and feeling. And to be honest, I didn’t know when I bought her. The reptile didn’t tell me anything about it and I hadn’t read it on the websites I visited for information. In the Netherlands, CF and CA doesn’t pop-up as first Google hit when you search for chameleons 😒

I think we should honestly and openly try to understand why the cham is friendly. There will be people who come out and say these guys have lizard brains and are incapable of thought or emotion... that's definitely true for a few of my guys. But I do believe they have some level of thought, trust, attachment, desire, etc. Not on a human level, but there is more to them than eat, poop, sleep.

I have a male Veiled and a male Panther who are both VERY docile and VERY outgoing. They, too, try to get my attention every day to come out of their enclosures. Most everyone else is content in their enclosure and would prefer I just stop looking at them... but these two boys really enjoy coming out. As much as it flatters me, and as much as I absolutely love it when they run up my arm... I know that they want out becaue they are looking for something better. They both really enjoy free ranging, to the extent that they are now unhappy in their enclosure, no matter how big or how lush. Charlie, the Veiled, loves to look outside. Its all he wants to do... he is so content when he is in the window that he doesn't look at me, or look behind him, even if I bump his tree. He just stares longingly at the big trees, teh birds, etc. It actually makes me sad. He totally trusts me in his presence... but when he is reaching for me, its because he's got big plans, and I'm his Uber. The same is true for Donnie, although I think he doesn't know exactly what he wants... he just wants out. Maybe outside, maybe not. Maybe free range, maybe not. Maybe wants the plant room tour, maybe not. But he definitely wants something. Because of this, I'm working on setting up permanent free-range "enclosures" for them... to be able to safely live outside their enclosure (no easy task).

I think you are fortunate to have such a sweet little lady. My female veiled is the ONLY aggressive one in the bunch (although she is sweet as pie when I have food). She does NOT want to be touched, and I respect her wishes under penalty of death. I would try to take an honest look at the experience, though, and try to understand what her goal is. She clearly trusts you! But she has ulterior motives. Perhaps there is something in her cage she doesn't like, or maybe she is like my two boys and just doesn't like being caged at all. Maybe she likes feeling really tall on your shoulders, or maybe she is super curious! Since she enjoys coming out, I would try to set up a free range tree for her to play on (safely), maybe in a window to look out of. She'll still come to you (maybe even more), but she'll also likely achieve whatever reward it is thats driving her to come out. It is very rewarding, to me, to try to interpret what they want and then give it to them.
Lots of good points here; thanks, Snitz!

Back
Top Bottom