Female panther

Jaycross528

i just got a female and I have her cage next to my males I just got her Friday and I noticed she has not pooped ... is this normal ? She eats and drinks good she is 7 months old ... also Yesterday I noticed blue on her head when I walked in but she stays a pink or dark color any advice on females would be great

37B33086-C5B1-4A05-A6E1-0F10599FCF89.jpeg

They shouldn't be able to see each other unless you're breeding them. It will stress them out. How long have you had her for and not seen her poop?
i got her Friday night

Yikes... You got a second chameleon awfully fast for having gotten your first ever panther in April. Are you sure that was a good idea? You've already been having problems with the first one, it would have been much more responsible to get your husbandry in proper order and his health sorted out first. If he's sick, which has been a topic of discussion in previous threads, he could infect her.

Thanks everything is good my male was never sick had shed in his eye before and I washed it out and good And I run a dripper and a misting system so pee is always white now but thanks for being a Debbie downer all is good

While I personally can't say anything about how quick you got another after your first ( read as I got #2 and 3 four weeks after my first and #4 about two weeks after that (y)) , one thing I would suggest is not putting them right next to each other so quickly. Always employ quarantine protocols even if you are getting cbb chams. On the off chance you get one that is sick, it may travel quickly through the rest of your collection.

Now that I'm past the debbie downer part of my post, as for the not pooping since last Friday, though none of my other nine took as long as Odin (juvi wc) did for his first poop, he was here for five full days before he relaxed enough to give me a sample. Each cham may take a different amount of time to settle enough to poo. Three or four of mine were within hours of being unboxed, others were the next day or two with Odin being the longest thus far in my collection.

Do you have a lay bin for her in there already? It sounds like she is starting show you possible receptive colors already. Granted the females I have that have laid clutches chose their plant pots over their lay bins :rolleyes: but, still a good idea to offer one.

I do have a lay bin and she is showing colors half brown and half pink

Attachments

• 9748EA97-E01F-425E-9894-5908DC5B42C0.jpeg
    9748EA97-E01F-425E-9894-5908DC5B42C0.jpeg
    495.6 KB · Views: 198
Back
Top Bottom