Female panther newbie! Help please!

Hannah04

I have a chance to get a healthy panther girl at a great price.

I am wondering if anyone who has female panthers could give advice, share care sheets they have used, etc. anything and everything!

I'm a little nervous about getting her, but really want her to be mine! I've heard a lot of scary stories about females!

Just wanting some opinions!

I would say do alot of searches on here and you'll get tons of posts about just about anything and everything female related lol. The previous post has some really good info in it. Follow the care sheet and you'll be ok. :) im raising a little girl myself and I just read what everyone else has gone through and research alot of stuff to make myself more aware. ohh and ask questions and post lots of pictures, we love pictures :D That's the best thing I can say

I wouldn't be scared about getting a female. I was at first too as the males just seem a lot easier but now that I have a few I just love females! I feel like I have a closer bond with them as they usually require a little more attention and care over the males.

If she is healthy, I say get her. Just read up on the specific needs of a female like Dayna posted and ask any additional question you may have so you feel comfortable taking care of her.

Last edited:
You can monitor your females temps and food intake to limit unwanted eggs. the female panthers do require a little more uvb and supplements, though. they can also be a little deceptive when carrying eggs. nothing a cheap digital scale won't fix. i have 3 female panthers (2 bb & 1 nosy be). None of them has ever given me any trouble or tried to bite. they are pretty friendly and curious. don't let someone else's bad experiences scare you away. i love my girls. when they fire up orange or pink, i find them way prettier than the males.

Back
Top Bottom