Feeding pinky mice

Fuzzies are lower in fat I think(correct me if wrong). Roaches are high in protein as well, I don't *think that feeding a mouse once a month would be enough to do any damage.
U might be correct.Im just thinking about the cartilage and bone. At that age their bones may not be as compacted and is probably easy to break down though.
But on the other hand, chameleon is not like snakes which will break it down into a chalky milky powder.

pinkies are 64% protein and 17% fat

Now here is the kicker, fuzzies are fatties. They are 44% protein and 30% fat.

There is not much difference between a pinkie and fuzzy for calcium, they are both at a little over 1% by weight. Once they are walking around and are adults, they shoot up to 3%.

There is not much difference between a pinkie and fuzzy for calcium, they are both at a little over 1% by weight. Once they are walking around and are adults, they shoot up to 3%.
Thanks for the info now what is ur opinion on them to be the feeder?

I’m curious when you were feeding pinkies did you see any side effects? Or any undigested materials?

I would think it would be good to feed more soft bodied insects around the time of feeding pinkies to make it easier for digestion. Thoughts?

I’m curious when you were feeding pinkies did you see any side effects? Or any undigested materials?

I would think it would be good to feed more soft bodied insects around the time of feeding pinkies to make it easier for digestion. Thoughts?
And its easier to gutload vegetables to the insects than the pinky.
Here is an interesting link I like to share with u guys.
(I was a firecracker back then)
https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...-warm-blooded-prey.149103/page-3#post-1263000

Last edited:

Interesting. Silkworms are also 64% protein and 10% fat. But everyone seems to love those.

That link I post was lots debate in the old days but no one was harm or became enemy just for u guys to know (I was too pump up for my testosterone lol)

Interesting! Thanks for correcting me on that

Yes I stumble on ur list...I hope u got them situated,are u still moving?

Ahhh, yeah I think I found them a real nice, caring home. In a couple weeks I'll be down to just my Parsons :confused: . And yeah, hopefully moving this summer. Should have more land for a nice outdoor cage and a shed for feeders.

Thanks for asking!

Back
Top Bottom