Feeding pinky mice

Madagascar hissing cockroaches are back on sale at Rainbowmealworms.com much better than a pinky!

I wish. I live in Canada. I’m just looking for something to add some variety to my chams diet. It wouldn’t be an all the time thing. I know there are better options but I am somewhat limited.

All that’s available here is :
Crickets
Mealworms (I don’t use these)
Superworms
Silkworms (if you can find them)
Wax worms
Butter worms
BSFL
And hornworms.

I’ll be getting a couple mantis oothecas once they are available in a month or so.

Other then that it’s catching stuff in the wild and either breeding them or getting them somewhere in the country and hoping for the best.

Well, I would probably use the young ones, it'd be over before they knew what happened. Parson's jaws are powerful... and I'd be giving the gecko colony a good life prior to being fed off. My guess is that these chameleons eat a lot of lizards in the wild. Probably where a lot of their vitamin A comes from.

True. I’m not sure how many geckos they would get in the wild since most are nocturnal. But they would definitely eat whatever small lizards they could.

Well, I would probably use the young ones, it'd be over before they knew what happened. Parson's jaws are powerful... and I'd be giving the gecko colony a good life prior to being fed off. My guess is that these chameleons eat a lot of lizards in the wild. Probably where a lot of their vitamin A comes from.
I mean if we want to mimic the diet as perfect as possible a lizard here and there could be beneficial. It sucks playing the life giver sometimes

I mean if we want to mimic the diet as perfect as possible a lizard here and there could be beneficial. It sucks playing the life giver sometimes

I agree, I even feel bad feeding the roaches sometimes lol. I probably wouldn't bother feeding my Panthers vertebrates, but I feel it is a more regular part of the diet for the large chameleon species. Especially with montanes being sensitive to supplementation.

Just throw them in a box of these and bring it over lol. https://www.amazon.ca/Hepkat-Provisioners-Fake-Rubber-Cockroaches/dp/B002NSPTVM

I’m just joking I’m not advocating smuggling across international borders.
Lol...trust me I already know how they are.....one time I have 10 cops n 4 fire truck on my private property...due to all the chameleon light was on(42 cages plus 20 plus tanks include all my fish tank in the midnight(faulty timer switch)....I was in my pajama and I heard all the noise at my front door....they thought I was running a underground Meth Lab!!!
I told them was only cham fish n bugs , i was so pump up that they disturbed me in peace just for running my underground cham playground....the whole house was like a freaking zoo :rolleyes:.
Never again!!

Lol...trust me I already know how they are.....one time I have 10 cops n 4 fire truck on my private property...due to all the chameleon light was on(42 cages plus 20 plus tanks include all my fish tank in the midnight(faulty timer switch)....I was in my pajama and I heard all the noise at my front door....they thought I was running a underground Meth Lab!!!
I told them was only cham fish n bugs , i was so pump up that they disturbed me in peace just for running my underground cham playground....the whole house was like a freaking zoo :rolleyes:.
Never again!!

. I wondered if anyone has ever gotten “busted” for there reptile room.

I’m sure there is been. There way a guy in New York I think who had sharks in his basement

Oh I didn’t mean actually busted for the animals. I meant his exact story how the cops thought it was a meth lab from all the lights. But I thought it would be more they thought it was a weed grow op.

Hmm maybe day geckos, possibly some other lizards, frogs, and small birds.

I would think frogs would be dangerous for them to eat depending on the type. I know you saying in the wild. I wonder if it’s somehow in there DNA to know what they can and can’t eat or if they are just playing roulette.

I was told there is no such thing as a dumb question but I feel like this one is loaded soooo..... are chameleons known to eat there offspring if given the chance??

I would think frogs would be dangerous for them to eat depending on the type. I know you saying in the wild. I wonder if it’s somehow in there DNA to know what they can and can’t eat or if they are just playing roulette.

IMO I think their stomachs are built to handle crap. They must come across a ton of venomous/poisonous creatures, along with plants. I've seen my cham(tried to stop him) eat lady bugs, stinkbugs, and other things they shouldn't with no apparent problems. Same goes with wasps and bees. Veileds eat pothos without problems among other plants. I am definitely on the side of playing it safe, but i tend to believe they're built to withstand a lot.

. I wondered if anyone has ever gotten “busted” for there reptile room.
Like what ...cacium powder like coke..
GEE MR.officer...I been feeding some cricket (crack) to my Madagascar friends....n My parrots went nuts because u guys swat team in my house...and those are the dubia roach not the marijuana roach..and these are fish pellets not Extacy pill MDMA n I dont have a underground tunnel like the Mexican Cartel.would u guys like some donuts while u searching....:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom