Feeding in cup?

Bay687

my chameleon seems to not care for eating out of a cup .. he only likes eating things that move around and he has to hunt for .. what's a good way to get him to eat worms and pinkie mouses with out putting them in a cup?

my chameleon seems to not care for eating out of a cup .. he only likes eating things that move around and he has to hunt for .. what's a good way to get him to eat worms and pinkie mouses with out putting them in a cup?

Sometimes I'll use a pair of tongs to place a worm on the same vine as my chameleon, but a foot or so in front of him. Other times I put a few worms on a large feeder dish and hold it up near him. Those are just a couple of things that have worked for me.

Consider a larger feeder cup - like a bowl. Ensure it is not shiny (not white, not metal) as many chams will not eat from such.

Or Put worms (supers, silkies, butters) on vines and screen and other rough surfaces.

No reason to use pinkies, in my opinion. If you choose to do so, consider making it a rare occassion. Lots of fat, not as much calcium as you might think (bones arent developed).

My guy won't take from a cup regardless of size, colour, etc. No idea why, just doesn't like it. My guy takes all worms/grubs from my hand and other stuff just roams around the cage (mainly locusts as they head towards the light for easy pickings!)

As said, pinkies are only really a 'treat' so don't use them too often!

Back
Top Bottom