Feeding crickets/dubia and gutloading

MSAquatics

I currently feed my crickets and dubia both a dry mix and fresh fruit, vegetables, and tubers/root vegetables. This is my constant food in their containers, so I'm assuming they're constantly gut loaded. Is this true? I have great results with my chams this way, but was curious if it's better to feed a dry feed in the main container, and feed fruits & veggies in a seperate smaller container to the insects that are to be fed to the chams the following day?

Thanks,
Leland

I currently feed my crickets and dubia both a dry mix and fresh fruit, vegetables, and tubers/root vegetables. This is my constant food in their containers, so I'm assuming they're constantly gut loaded. Is this true? I have great results with my chams this way, but was curious if it's better to feed a dry feed in the main container, and feed fruits & veggies in a seperate smaller container to the insects that are to be fed to the chams the following day?

Thanks,
Leland

yes, depending on which veggies, and so long as there aren't too many instances of potatoe and such, sounds like you are constantly feeding your crickets and dubia well - gutloading. You might add some seeds/nuts, kelp/seaweed/algae from time to time. Otherwise just fine as is. no need to move and feed in separate container, unless you want to reduce costs in the main bug colony by feeding those ones primarily lesser quality food (like potatoe) and better gutloading a smaller portion that will be fed off in the coming days

No worries, I don't feed potatoes. I follow Kristina's gut load recipe on the Melleri Discovery page. I feed a green leafy veg. with carrots or sweet potato, and a fruit of some sort, usually apples, oranges, or strawberries. I also include a dry mix of equal parts dry non fat milk, oats, grape nuts, and baby rice cereal.:mad

Back
Top Bottom