feeding chameleons exclusively on silk worms?

Mealworms (and supers) are harder for them to digest and it increases the risk for young reptiles.

I agree that captive bred insects cause them alot, thats why you find a trustable source from where you get insects from, i have changed places where i get my insects occasionally, and thats when they get parasites.

not everybody lives near a feild, i live in a city, people put pesticides in 10 square foot gardens

my apologies, i sometimes get mixed up with beardies, its a type of locust, not spider

mealworms are certainly a bad idea for juviniles, they often cause seizures and dont have much nutrition.

I disagree. I have never heard of mealworms, in moderation, causing any issues whatsoever. Gutloaded and dusted, they make a decent option for the sake of variety if nothing else.

Mealworms (and supers) are harder for them to digest and it increases the risk for young reptiles.

I agree that captive bred insects cause them alot, thats why you find a trustable source from where you get insects from, i have changed places where i get my insects occasionally, and thats when they get parasites.

not everybody lives near a feild, i live in a city, people put pesticides in 10 square foot gardens

my apologies, i sometimes get mixed up with beardies, its a type of locust, not spider

So, since it may be harder to digest, it causes seizures?

The more you post, the less you make sense....

perhaps with the jacksons it was some other factors that caused it, but it was within 3 hours of me feeding them mealworms for the first time, and mealworms do cause problems with beardies and geckos, so i assumed

So, since it may be harder to digest, it causes seizures?

it increases the chance

perhaps with the jacksons it was some other factors that caused it, but it was within 3 hours of me feeding them mealworms for the first time, and mealworms do cause problems with beardies and geckos, so i assumed

Like I said before, there is nothing inherently dangerous about mealworms that would cause seizures in juveniles. This had to have been caused by some other aspect of their husbandry. I don't recommend using mealworms for other nutritional reasons, but there is no evidence that they increase the risk of seizures in any way. Please do not spread information that is not backed up by facts.

Chris

its a type of spider and the first part of the species name is raico so it could be something like raicojfdjgjfhbj lol. the last time i fed my chams WC insects, they got worms, it was a simple stick bug, but it cost me 400 bucks in medications and Fecal exams. got to 4 of the babies, and 1 adult

$400 Bucks?! dude you got burnt:eek:

Again, do you have any proof of this at all? You can't just assume that was the problem and perpetuate this misinformation as fact without some evidence. Never heard of it in beardies, never heard of in geckos, never heard of it at all.

Back
Top Bottom