Fed Up with ordering feeders in the mail

theresaintucson

An order that went missing (but was replaced by the vendor). An order sent to the wrong address. An order placed on Tuesday, priority mail, expected delivery today, Thursday. IT'S NOT HERE and won't be delivered until tomorrow. All from different companies.
I am so fed up with ordering feeders by the mail but buying them from the pet store would be ridiculously expensive. I could order from a local reptile store but even THEY disappointed me when they had to change vendors, and didn't get my crickets despite my ordering them days in advance! I check the delivery dates and policies before ordering but stuff still seems to get messed up.
Grrrr. Thanks for letting me vent. Now I have to figure out just what I can do.

try seeing if you can get in on your local pet shops order, they prob, gt crickets weekly and just ask them to add a box of 1000 to their order. i do this and its abit more money then ordering directly from the source but still a good price, i pay 30 for 1000 as apposed to 20 if i order them myself..
just a thought.. or you can breed em, i just started and have about 3000 lil ones growing

This is the exact reason I started breeding a few different types of roaches! Now I only order crickets every 7-8 weeks for variety and I have my piece of mind lol.

Have you checked to see if any local reptile breeders take cricket orders? We have a few in my area and a couple even have hornworms.

An order that went missing (but was replaced by the vendor). An order sent to the wrong address. An order placed on Tuesday, priority mail, expected delivery today, Thursday. IT'S NOT HERE and won't be delivered until tomorrow. All from different companies.
I am so fed up with ordering feeders by the mail but buying them from the pet store would be ridiculously expensive. I could order from a local reptile store but even THEY disappointed me when they had to change vendors, and didn't get my crickets despite my ordering them days in advance! I check the delivery dates and policies before ordering but stuff still seems to get messed up.
Grrrr. Thanks for letting me vent. Now I have to figure out just what I can do.

That is very disappointing getting your stuff lost/misdelivered by the mail. Lucky me, all the orders for feeders I make come from within the state so it is always two days top from order to delivery.

This is the exact reason I started breeding a few different types of roaches! Now I only order crickets every 7-8 weeks for variety and I have my piece of mind lol.

Have you checked to see if any local reptile breeders take cricket orders? We have a few in my area and a couple even have hornworms.

My chams and geckos are tired of dubias, even though I ofered them about twice a week. Now they are into waxworms...

Yea heeeey, I'm wearing white and pink right now, with a rose bracelet. But I can still shoot a .45, hike volcanoes, and dissect animals in anatomy lab ;)

I used to have those issues, but I've had a lot of success with Mulberyfarms. They're never messed up my order, and I've ordered from them two dozen times by now. I've stopped experimenting with different companies, they work great for me.

i wanna order hornworms from there. im scared about ordering bugs online tho. like the OP is explaining. alot can go wrong.

I've never had issues with them. But you talk to them beforehand, to get confirmation/assurance that they will replace the insects or refund you the money. I've been keeping reptiles for maybe 5 years now, and in all that time I've had 2 boxes arrive nearly all dead and another 2 with a higher than usual death rate. So that's 4 cases out of close to 40-50 orders. So I think the risk is worth it!

My chams and geckos are tired of dubias, even though I ofered them about twice a week. Now they are into waxworms...

That's why I have lobster, turkish, banana and dubias lol I probley will start a hissing colony soon too. The more the merrier ;)

The panthers seem to enjoy the faster moving roaches to the dubias but my Melleri love the big juicy dubias lol

mulbery farms is very reliable, if you order from unreliable dealers, get in their face about it, i pissed the shit out of bugorder.com so much that they send my orders 1 day early without me asking. LOL

That's why I have lobster, turkish, banana and dubias lol I probley will start a hissing colony soon too. The more the merrier ;)

If I bring anymore bugs to the house, the wife will not be happy...:rolleyes: Every time she sees a bug flying or running she thinks is one my feeders that got out...well, to be fair she is mostly right...ha! :D

If I bring anymore bugs to the house, the wife will not be happy...:rolleyes: Every time she sees a bug flying or running she thinks is one my feeders that got out...well, to be fair she is mostly right...ha! :D

lol. my parents are mad becuz a crikets is liveing under our fridge now. you her it cherp cherp cherp everynight. im shure a spider will come eat it soon tho. hahah.

Ive never had the porblem of them not getting to me but I would have the problem of tons of die offs or what I think just to be sheddings of crickets that were measured and sent to me:mad: I stopped using a lot of companies because of this. These were the BIG companies that everyone just loves. Maybe I dont order enough for my small collection so therefore I wasnt a valued customer LOL!! I started ordering from premiumcrickets.com. They are a tad more expensive but they give you well over the count you ordered and they always get here on time. In the winter I have to order from a pet shop. Its worth the few extra dollars to not get dead frozen crickets plus you get the right count.

I use Lazy H Bait for crickets and supers. It's a small personally owned cricket farm run by Brad, the nicest man out there. Give him a call.
http://lazyhbait.com/

I use Coastal Silkworms and Great Lakes for silks and horns.

My local reptile store is unreliable when it comes to placing cricket orders. My chams won't eat dubias. I tried, but no luck there. Plus I was creeped out keeping roaches.

I haven't had a lot of problems with shipments. One problem I had was when the delivery person left the package on the ground and the ants ate my crickets because no one was home for a few hours.

I solved that by hanging a "shelf" on fishing line from a planter hook near the door and putting signs on the shelf and door that said "please put the crickets on the shelf or the ants will eat the crickets".

I tied the fishing line to a "binder clip" so I can just clip it to the hook when a delivery is expected. (I tuck the door sign into the security screen)

Back
Top Bottom