Tiny veiled, female (I think) Not feeling well, or just adjusting?

I woke up, and switched on her lights at the usual 7am...and this time...she seemed not too well...she almost fell, but caught herself, and quickly climbed to her basking spot. Going to bring her into the closet cham vet I can find. She also "sneezed" twice after she almost fell. I was really hoping she'd continue to improve. I feel like crying...like I let her down...but I know she was sick when my father in law brought her home...I could just tell...especially after reading this forum more...I hoped it was more stress from the ride here (about 45 minutes) vs being sick...but I tried...she is still eating and drinking...

I woke up, and switched on her lights at the usual 7am...and this time...she seemed not too well...she almost fell, but caught herself, and quickly climbed to her basking spot. Going to bring her into the closet cham vet I can find. She also "sneezed" twice after she almost fell. I was really hoping she'd continue to improve. I feel like crying...like I let her down...but I know she was sick when my father in law brought her home...I could just tell...especially after reading this forum more...I hoped it was more stress from the ride here (about 45 minutes) vs being sick...but I tried...she is still eating and drinking...
They hide illness quite well. When is the UVB light coming? I know @MissSkittles gave some info above for vets in FL.

They hide illness quite well. When is the UVB light coming? I know @MissSkittles gave some info above for vets in FL.
Will be here Monday. I just seen her drink. And she seems to have hard time swallowing now....it breaks my heart....her colors are also very dark today, and her other eye seems to be bugging her now... talked to vet over video. Says it looks like RI and malnutrition. Suggested I take her back.

Will be here Monday. I just seen her drink. And she seems to have hard time swallowing now....it breaks my heart....her colors are also very dark today, and her other eye seems to be bugging her now... talked to vet over video. Says it looks like RI and malnutrition. Suggested I take her back.
Yeah... This comes down to what you want to risk experiencing with your first cham. You can take her back to the store and try to just not think about what happened to her. You can keep her and get treatment and watch her survive or watch her pass away. Oral meds can be hard to give and need to be done a certain way to avoid aspiration.

I won't tell you what to do. Only you know what you do for animals in your care. I will say I do not see any malnutrition. She is a normal size and thickness for a young Veiled.

When you are talking about the eyes bugging her, what do you mean. What is she doing with them? Puffing them up and rolling them?

Yeah... This comes down to what you want to risk experiencing with your first cham. You can take her back to the store and try to just not think about what happened to her. You can keep her and get treatment and watch her survive or watch her pass away. Oral meds can be hard to give and need to be done a certain way to avoid aspiration.

I won't tell you what to do. Only you know what you do for animals in your care. I will say I do not see any malnutrition. She is a normal size and thickness for a young Veiled.

When you are talking about the eyes bugging her, what do you mean. What is she doing with them? Puffing them up and rolling them?
When she first came home her left eye was always closed...and still stays closed most of the time, except when hunting and climbing. At first I chalked it up to stuck shed... but when I mist her, she acts like it's painful and sort of looks like she attempts to bite at her eye/left side if water gets onto/in it. I noticed today, after she eats, she sort of chokes/has a hard time swallowing. I watched YouTube vids of baby veiled eating and she's deff not swallowing right...which leads me to think RI. I definitely think it would be risky with oral medication as well. She's soooo tiny.

Back
Top Bottom