Fatty lump

She’s so dirty and looks wore out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 47
Let her rest and give her lots of water and a big meal tomorrow. You can toss the eggs. I gave my first clutch to an artist who or preserved them and used them in terrarium art.

Ok supplements are good. I agree with @kinyonga this looks like edema due to her getting ready to lay eggs. I do not know a lot about it just that it happens.
So your going to need to leave her be. Do not sit and watch her. Keep everything on her normal schedule. Only get into the cage if you need to feed her or mist her. But if she goes back to digging do not bother her for anything with the exception of turning lights on and off if you need to. She may dig a few test holes or she may start a hold and then use that one. But the key is not disturbing her when she is digging because they will abandon the hole thinking it is not a safe place for their eggs.

She will end up butt facing into the hole and head out when she starts to lay the eggs. then she will cover them up with the dirt. Once covered and she comes back up. Your going to mist her really well so she can get the sand off and drink. And you want to feed her well the next few days so she can recoup her energy. Next day you can pull the lay bin and dig out the eggs so you can count them all. Let us know the total number of eggs she has. This is an important aspect to know because we need to control clutch size for their health.
She laid 27 eggs tonight 11/19

After a couple of days of feeding her well, start her on a diet of 3-4 feeders, 3 days a week (plus occasional treats) and make sure her basking temp doesn’t get above 80. This will help redice her egg production and therefore, extend her life. It isn’t an exact science, but this is what I do with my 2 girls and it works very well. Since Feb/Mar 2020 one of my girls has laid once and the other not at all.

Morning after she’s been misted off headed to get her some delicious food! Is the indent normal towards her bottom area

Attachments

• 70FE545E-900B-42AB-9E78-F7B009D24465.jpeg
    70FE545E-900B-42AB-9E78-F7B009D24465.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 44
She’s at the bottom next to her lay bin 😭😭 she only ate one super worm

Attachments

• AB8424C4-FA77-42E5-88F0-807DC1A65E78.jpeg
    AB8424C4-FA77-42E5-88F0-807DC1A65E78.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 40
She still looks pretty plump. I hope she laid all the eggs. If she's retaining them she won't like,y lay them now. It will likely be that she will have to have surgery to lay them unfortunately. If she starts to show signs of egg binding...lethargy, sleeping during the day, sitting low in the cage, etc. Then get her to the vet ASAP. An X-ray now would show whether she's retaining eggs or not...and it could be dealt with now instead of waiting.

Oh no! Okay I am in the Houston area do y’all recommend any vets the last one I went seemed like that was their first time handling one and got scared when she hissed

Back
Top Bottom