Fat Toad Campani Baby

jajeanpierre

Chameleon Enthusiast
Furcifer campani, 3 1/2 weeks old. Survived five days of being cared for by my non-chameleon husband while I was away.... She's such a fat little toad. When I came home from my trip I found a second baby hatched in the incubator. Not as pretty as this one, so I am hoping it is a male. The last picture is the newest baby. Those aren't fruit flies on the newest baby's head. Fruit flies are too big so I have to find aphids in my garden.

20180605_091409.jpg

20180605_081346.jpg

20180605_074735.jpg

Furcifer campani, 3 1/2 weeks old. Survived five days of being cared for by my non-chameleon husband while I was away.... She's such a fat little toad. When I came home from my trip I found a second baby hatched in the incubator. Not as pretty as this one, so I am hoping it is a male. The last picture is the newest baby. Those aren't fruit flies on the newest baby's head. Fruit flies are too big so I have to find aphids in my garden.

View attachment 207265

View attachment 207266

View attachment 207267
She is fat and gorgeous! Congrats! Has she started taking fruit flies yet or is she still on springs and aphids?

She is fat and gorgeous! Congrats! Has she started taking fruit flies yet or is she still on springs and aphids?

Isn't she a fat little toad? She is eating Melanogaster fruit flies. I offer the youngest one fruit flies but make sure there are lots of springtails and aphids. I have some pinhead crickets, too, which are smaller than fruit flies. Yesterday I cleaned their little enclosures and replaced the asparagus fronds and found a big poop in the littlest one's cage right after. You have no idea how hard it is to find one tiny chameleon's poop in a cage sprinkled with springtail substrate. Gene, thanks so much for your advice on small feeders. You, Carl Cattau and Joel were incredibly helpful to me in figuring out how to feed them, especially since I wasn't expecting anything to hatch. I've attached a recent picture of the remaining clutch that the first baby hatched from. I actually have hope for the egg third from the top. The baby that hatched had an egg as bad as that.

Don't you have some baby pictures to share????

20180519_102209.jpg

Isn't she a fat little toad? She is eating Melanogaster fruit flies. I offer the youngest one fruit flies but make sure there are lots of springtails and aphids. I have some pinhead crickets, too, which are smaller than fruit flies. Yesterday I cleaned their little enclosures and replaced the asparagus fronds and found a big poop in the littlest one's cage right after. You have no idea how hard it is to find one tiny chameleon's poop in a cage sprinkled with springtail substrate. Gene, thanks so much for your advice on small feeders. You, Carl Cattau and Joel were incredibly helpful to me in figuring out how to feed them, especially since I wasn't expecting anything to hatch. I've attached a recent picture of the remaining clutch that the first baby hatched from. I actually have hope for the egg third from the top. The baby that hatched had an egg as bad as that.

Don't you have some baby pictures to share????

View attachment 207279
Sure is. More than welcome and thank you! Good luck on the rest. I posted a thread of mine yesterday.

Sure is. More than welcome and thank you! Good luck on the rest. I posted a thread of mine yesterday.

I just saw it. I took a break and read through a few threads. Joel showed me his male O'shaughessyi and I was smitten. He had bright turquoise and either grey or white. I only remember how impressed I was with his colors.

Back
Top Bottom