F. lateralis major

shawn_melanson

Established Member
I was curious if anyone works with F. lateralis major species? I received one today that I thought was a F. lateralis lateralis but when she arrived I was questing she wasn't a lat lat, so then I did some research and asked a couple guys that work witch carpets(dooley1) and (nhenn) and helped me to figure out she was a major. anyways if anyone works with these species let me know maybe we could possibly work something out to breed these guys and get this species going a little bit more in the US, since I know there very rare.

I cannot offer much if any help, but I definitely would love to see some pictures.

Chase

Here's some pictures sorry I'm in my phone so they'll only post 1 at a time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 159
I remember seeing her in another thread of yours. Was she advertised as a lateralis?

Chase

I remember seeing her in another thread of yours. Was she advertised as a lateralis?

Chase

She was being sold with a lateralis lateralis and I read to fast being over excited as I was to find females avaiable. I actually went back and found it said cb lateralis lateralis and further down it siad long term WC lateralis major in the description so it was my mistake I just assumed they were both the same I'm not to upset about it now knowing how rare these guys are

For what its worth, they are no longer considered a subspecies of Furcifer lateralis. They are now regarded as their own distinct species: Furcifer major.

Chris

So, again, can/will you tell us where you got her from?

Sorry I missed this one but I got her off of fauna classifieds I really didn't get to ask as many questions as I wanted before I bought them. the guy told me that someone else was interested so I took the opportunity and snatched them up as quick as possible, haven't really been in touch with him since I got them

Back
Top Bottom