Resources for F. Lateralis

MikeyBen

Established Member
Hello, new member here. Anyone currently working with F. Lateralis? Trying to get all my research in before obtaining some. Recently viewed videos from Frank Payne and Tim Mark's, but I'm sure there are other keepers out there.
Thanks,

Welcome to the forum.... Let me tag one of our members that breeds smaller species. I am not sure if he is working with carpet chams though.
@javadi is this a species you work with?
Yes, I have produced >150 of them. Tim and Frank are great keepers that are certainly worth consulting on lateralis care, and who have kept more individuals than I think anyone else. What info are you looking for in particular?

Hello there! That's certainly impressive success. Being in Canada, all I can find is an importer with WC specimens. I'm just gathering as much information as possible. Would captive hatch from wild imports be a good consideration. I don't have alot of experience with acclimating WC and all the possible issues that can occur.

Hello there! That's certainly impressive success. Being in Canada, all I can find is an importer with WC specimens. I'm just gathering as much information as possible. Would captive hatch from wild imports be a good consideration. I don't have alot of experience with acclimating WC and all the possible issues that can occur.
Don't buy wild caught unless your entire goal is to buy many pairs of them and breed them to establish CBB in the hobby. It is not worth it at all otherwise. Wild caught lats tend to die very easily (notoriously die quickly) and aren't a good choice if you want pets or haven't dealt with wild caughts. Your importer (I assume, chameleons Canada (Edgar)) has hatched some CBB lateralis before. I might query him to see if he will have some more CBB available in the future. Wild caught chameleons of any variety aren't a good idea as far as pets go.

I agree @javadi , and have no intention of buying WC. Yes it is Cham Canada and have contacted him about any CBB I'm crossing my fingers he'll have some soon. Silly question, CBB from WC are called F1?

Back
Top Bottom