F. campani hatched-and other pics :)

Yes, I knew about the diapause. I also figured it would just take longer if I didn't use it. I had too many lateralis eggs to make room in an incubator to cool down just a few campani eggs.

This is interesting because I always thought campani needed a cool down also. But then I remember when the same was said of oustaleti and especially said of lateralis and doing so for those species myself also. Very noteworthy that the most successful lateralis breeder applied his same technique to campani. Must have taken some patience and maybe a little nerve- campani eggs are like tic-tacs. Amazing they could survive so long in incubation. Kind of makes me wonder if a lateralis breeder in europe somewhere used his diapause technique and applied it to campani originally, and that is what got passed down...:D

I simply do not buy into a lot of the rules people claim about keeping and breeding chameleons in captivity and think people need to be more careful about spreading them. We would be a lot further if people stopped spreading bad information about things they have no experience with.

Amen. I've been saying this for 20 years...

:)

Eeeeeek! It feels like a Christmas miracle! Campani popping out of eggs everywhere!!!! Congratulations Dooley!

Congrats Kevin,i never heard of such a long incubation.
I bred very succesfuly with campani and i used a diapause(total time 8 months).
Succes with them ;-)

Kevin I am so happy to see the little one. I know between you and Nick, I can see campani in my future. Amazing I can see that from Montana to PA isn't it? You are both on the right path - you rock.:)

Back
Top Bottom