F. Campani receptive and non-gravid colors

javadi

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello!

I've been a member here for a while but have mostly just posted on the facebook groups. As those groups can be tiring from time to time, I thought I would start posting here every now and then. I work with various species including T. Ellioti, T. Hoehnelii, F. Lateralis, C. P. Cristifer, F. Campani and others.

This is my first real post here, so I thought I would share something of interest to me. I have recently been lucky enough to pair up some wild caught furcifer campani, and I hope to establish some CBB populations of these as time goes on. I have some eggs incubating from last year that I'm hopeful for too.

So, here are a few pictures of two different females. Something confusing about the species (at least to me) is that they always look beautiful and their patterns are so intricate all the time that it can be kind of hard to determine when they are receptive vs. gravid. I've now figured it out to some degree. Can you guess which pictures below are non-gravid vs. gravid?

gravid #2.jpg
gravid #2a.jpg
non-gravid #2.jpg
gravid 1.jpg

Amazing photos! Are you based in the U.S?

I cannot wait to see your future posts and the various species that you work with! We could all use a break from the monotonous panther and veiled (not that there is anything wrong with those species). But it will be a breath of fresh air for sure. Plus, I don't know of anyone who works with campani so following your posts should be quite interesting.

And I could be dead wrong, but I figure the bright green girl is receptive while the darker one is gravid?

Thanks for posting, it's greatly appreciated here!

Gorgeous!!! Agreed with @Mendez . I work with Trioceros deremensis, hoehnelii and jacksonsii jacksonii. Hoping to work with ellioti or Furcifer lateralis (or similar species).

Amazing photos! Are you based in the U.S?

I cannot wait to see your future posts and the various species that you work with! We could all use a break from the monotonous panther and veiled (not that there is anything wrong with those species). But it will be a breath of fresh air for sure. Plus, I don't know of anyone who works with campani so following your posts should be quite interesting.

And I could be dead wrong, but I figure the bright green girl is receptive while the darker one is gravid?

Thanks for posting, it's greatly appreciated here!
Yes, based in the US. I'm not aware of anyone else working with campani either.
The brighter images are actually of gravid females! Only one, the third picture, and the most recent picture I just added, are them in a receptive, non-gravid state.

Gorgeous!!! Agreed with @Mendez . I work with Trioceros deremensis, hoehnelii and jacksonsii jacksonii. Hoping to work with ellioti or Furcifer lateralis (or similar species).
I didn't know there were any deremensis left in captivity! Are you in the US? If you want to work with ellioti, you can join our FB group "trioceros ellioti community" for a focus on them. I produce ellioti regularly so let me know if you'd like to start with CBB stock!

Back
Top Bottom