Eye treatment video

Needle in the eye! 🫣 Wide awake! Cringe. What I like about this video is if my cham's eye ever grows an abscess, I will know what to expect when it comes to treatment. No surprises.

Was there puss 😬
That solid block of yellow was the pus. 😮
OMG I was literally cringing the entire time.
Needle in the eye! 🫣 Wide awake! Cringe. What I like about this video is if my cham's eye ever grows an abscess, I will know what to expect when it comes to treatment. No surprises.
I know! I was thinking/hoping he’d need to at least make him a little woozy for this, but even with mild sedatives there’s risks. I certainly wouldn’t want a vet with minimal chameleon experience trying this on one of mine. 😬😧

I know! I was thinking/hoping he’d need to at least make him a little woozy for this, but even with mild sedatives there’s risks. I certainly wouldn’t want a vet with minimal chameleon experience trying this on one of mine. 😬😧
I don't think I could even hold still for someone to do that to me :hilarious:

Agreed. A very good vet and a very cooperative Cham.

Some of those type bumps can be pushed out the eye opening. I’ve seen my vet push them out and autually pushed one out myself last year. Use a moist q-tip and see if the bubble is inside the eyelid and it moves to other areas. If so, you can flush the eyelid with eye irrigation solution and work the object to the eye opening and squeeze it out.

144A24B7-DDAE-4046-9B96-87E1C42974FF.jpeg

Last edited:
Some of those type bumps can be pushed out the eye opening. I’ve seen my vet push them out and autually pushed one out myself last year. Use a moist q-tip and see if the bubble is inside the eyelid and it moves to other areas. If so, you can flush the eyelid with eye irrigation solution and work the object to the eye opening and squeeze it out.

View attachment 329687
Did the vet ever say how these abscesses occur?

Back
Top Bottom