eye issue with pics please help

Killjoy

this is something i noticed today. "Bison" has always been doing really well. this is now his first issue. I hope its something that i can treat or might go away in time. He has developed a little extra wrinkle under his left eye :eek:
He has been trying to clear the eye every now an again but not so much that its seems to bother him. It looks like some fluid or swelling, his eye is totally clean. hes not shutting it or acting diiferently in any way other than the appearance. He are two pretty good pics of the eye. Please give me suggestions and thoughts. thank you

Attachments

• eye1.jpg
    eye1.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 197
  • eye2.jpg
    eye2.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 176
Weird... i don't remember seeing something like that. It almost looks like he cut himself under the eye.

I can't help you with this man... :( Good luck though!!

I agree, looks like he may have cut himself. I would get it checked out by a vet just in case. Could be an eye infection.

Isn't he handsome!

I think it looks like there's an infection issue, whether it's from a cut or something else. It might warrant a vet visit.

If you have any antibiotic ointment that's okay for eyes, you might give that a try since you'll be waiting for an appointment anyway. Don't just get anything, make sure it's "ophthalmic".

hmmmmmm, i look again in the morning but im sure its not a cut. it seems like swelling or liquid got in there............:confused:

Thank guys/gals, ill wait till monday then hit up my vet if things still dont look right. i hope its not an eye infection.... i hate the whole baytril treatments. i think that does more damage than good sometimes

Well there are other options too.
My vet gave me eye drops for fuegos eye infection :)
Its called gentamicin :)

ok thats refreshing. he is normally so good that i would hate to interupt his awesome lifestyle with tons of meds. hopefully i caught it early enough that something like this can be used. thanks

Btw he is absolutely stunning! Good Luck, hope his eye gets healed :)

hey thanks!!
he is the son of Odre-ayhe( oh-my) on chameleonsonly.com.
i hope as he matures he will follow his old mans footsteps.

--shout out to krammerflage. IMHO the best breeders in the business!!

Dunno but here eye infection was pretty bad,
rubbing it on everything insight and constantly cleaning it.
When she wasnt rubbing it or cleaning it she had them closed mostly.
So that eye drop stuff deff. cleared it up.
Shes 100% good with her eyes now. :)

hey syn, do you have any experience with this ointment? and where, other than the vet, can i get some?
I have not used it but do need to purchase some. It is used for horses often, you may be able to find some at your local feed store. If not, check online.

However I could be wrong about Gentamicin and Terramycin being the same.

So i googled terramycin and its a oitment... and i recall some one saying it crusts on the eyes when it dries and a couple other negative things about it, nothing on its effectiveness (or I dont recall any one saying anything like that about it)

Gentamicin is a liquid eye drop.

But I do believe they are two diff. medicines :p

So i googled terramycin and its a oitment... and i recall some one saying it crusts on the eyes when it dries and a couple other negative things about it, nothing on its effectiveness (or I dont recall any one saying anything like that about it)

Gentamicin is a liquid eye drop.

But I do believe they are two diff. medicines :p

nice, im glad to hear you had a good experience with it. i was able to find it just now online for 20 bux so.....now im ready to order but i think maybe a vet visit first would be smart. what do you think, vet visit or ointment?

Well considering the swelling you say he has,
he could have gotten something in his eye that he cant get out :/
which may need vet attention.
Im the kinda person thats like "better safe than sorry"
I would take him to the vet if it doesnt clear up by tomorrow night :/ and then the next day I would go to the vet.

You just dont know what it is,
So you would be taking a risk on the ointment because the ointment might just not treat was going on with him :/
To really know you would need an expierneced vet to diagnos him :/

but like I said im just that kind of person lol

Well considering the swelling you say he has,
he could have gotten something in his eye that he cant get out :/
which may need vet attention.
Im the kinda person thats like "better safe than sorry"

I second that. If something was wrong with my eye I'd see a doctor before I started to try to self medicate or operate.

Back
Top Bottom