Eye has gone bad, please help!

Im sorry you are going through this, I know it's frustrating. Did they rule out fungal infection? I doubt it's a rare strand of bacteria unless you've introduced produce, bugs, plants etc.. from the deep heart of a Peruvian-Amazon jungle.

A chameleon can have a fungal infection at the same time as a bacterial one. It happens quite often.

What bacteria did they say it was? Pseudomonas?
Agree with the above^^^just a thought and not sure if it’s been addressed but have you thoroughly cleaned your misting system? If it could potentially be Pseudomonas it can thrive in aquatic environments and can be a pretty resistant bug unfortunately. As suggested previously I would also ask the type of bacteria as well. If it’s a combo of them one type of antibiotic may not be enough. Also, they can do a gram stain or wet mount from the discharge and be able to tell if there are fungal organisms.

Pseudomonas can exist "everywhere" and it isn't easy to get rid of sometimes...it's an opportunist. @janjan20 is right....if it's more than one bacteria I might need more than one antibiotic. @janjan said it all!

I apologize for being offline the past days, I just needed to recollect my thoughts. Flower passed away yesterday morning, underneath her basking spot, warm and happy. I most likely will be taking a break from the forums, as I just need some time to recover after losing her. Thank you all for your help and support.

I have been following this thread for a little while. I am very sorry she didn't make it. You did the best you could for her. She was a very sweet pretty girl.

Back
Top Bottom