- Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Panther, hatched 10/2016. In care since 4/17
- Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Weekly
- Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Crickets,Dubias staple, hornworms as treat. Offered daily, sometimes every other day. Gutload with r. Bugburger as staple, mix in irregular addition of organic veggies- sweet potatoes. Carrots, kale or collard greens, occasional orange.
- Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Rep. Calcium plus every feeding. Its 1yr old and expires 9/19. Keep it in cooler basement. Started this summer doing rep California with d-3 1x month and also rep-cal & herptivite 1x month. Dont use the repashy in this day.
- Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Ro water, mist king. Lights on at 8, 8:05 5min 8:30 15min, 10:30 15 min, 5:00 15 min. I just reduced the 5pm from 30 minutes.
- Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No test. Poops about every 10 days, top of updates white but gets orange closer to decal. About half and half white, orange.
- History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. He ate a bunch of vine a year ago, was impacted but eventually passed it. Was a
- Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?18x21x48 dragon strand with 3 solid sides, screen bottom with bin under to catch water.
- Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Reptisun 5.0..2 bulbs. Keep one thtbis 6mo and younger in at all times. Leave the newest of the older bulbs in for extra light. Also have a agrosun full spectrum mounted vertical on 1 side for plants...but he likes to sit in front of it. Flukers 75w basking. On 12 hrs day in winter...I increase gradually to 15 in summer along with misting.
- Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Temp gun. 89 basking down to 69 at floor. Room is 72 -75 degrees
- Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 24 hr digital temp and humidity guage. Ranges 60 -80 daytime, nights down to 30% it measures min and max.
- Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Yes, orchids, pothos
- Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? In basement, little activity. Cage is protected from views on all but the front. He is so tame and tries to come out when feeding.
- Location - Where are you geographically located? Cleveland Ohio
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. I check on him daily and yesterday for first time, saw him midlevel in cage with r. Eye closed. He did it again today. I assumed he was flushing eyes at first. I misted him w water to try and flush it not sure it's fixed or not. Made apt to see vet in morning. Am I doing something wrong?
Coincidentally, I found a clear slimy chewed but not digested cricket a week ago. Not sure if it was puked, pooped or what. He had a fabulous looking bowel 3 days ago so I disregarded it. He has been hunting on his own with great appetite, seems better than ever. Now I'm in full panic mode.
Should note he is also shedding and I have seen him rubbing head but this is typical of him.
Thanks in advance for any input on my care or otherwise.