Exo Terra Cameroon Expedition 2 - Nyassosso & Mount Kupe

Incredible pics as usual Chris! Those quads you posted were unbelievable man. That one female was flashing some gorgeous colors. Never seen any female quads in captivity that looked like her.

Thanks Chris for posting!! :)
I'm indeed in Cameroon Trioceros species and reading all these infos it's a pleasure!! i'm very happy for you and for your success in finding T. pfefferi on mount Kupe.. i had eagle's eyes to find him up on 7 meters!! :D
I hope to read other posts about this expedition and see other amazing pics.. thanks again!!

Thank you Chris for all of the fabulous photography and sharing it with the forum. You pics are all amazing and I truly cannot decide on a favorite!!!

amazing pics as always, and another adventure that makes me jealous and envious of you, and that also make me miss having pfefferi...used to breed them way back when. Thanks for sharing!

Your guides didn't know how to budget adequate water for the hike? Sounds dangerously incompetent!

Love the pfefferi!

Unfortunately a fair amount of the water we had was with the porters and guide that had to turn back with the rest of the group who couldn't make the entire hike. The porters were carrying the camera equipment of those individuals and a lot of the water and unfortunately we had gotten so far ahead of them that by the time they decided to turn back that the only way for them to let us know was via text message so we weren't able to redistribute like we would have liked. I should correct my original statements, however. There were 4 of us, not 3, in addition to a guide, that made it up to 1600m and Loren, who is in the best shape of any of us, still had water when we got down to the bottom again.

Absolutely fantastic! The pictures and the entire trip too, i would love to gon on a trip like this sometimes! By the way can somebody get involved in a trip like this or can someone volunteer or something? :)

There are various ways you can win a spot on the trip through Exo-Terra, including a photo contest (the Nactus Award). In fact, they just opened the Nactus Award entry phase for their next expedition: http://www.exo-terra.com/en/photography/nactus_award.php

Chris is it just the phenomenal cameras or are the chameleons really that much more colorful and vibrant in the wild? Even the snake was beautiful. I have never seen the colors on my quads that you were able to capture. Fantastic pictures, thanks.

The animals really are impressive when you see them in their natural habitat as compared to captivity. A reasonable camera that you can control well enough to avoid washing out the specimen helps, but it can only do so much.

Glad you all enjoyed the pics!

Chris

Chris, Chris...... I have to say that I'm disappointed in you. While your pictures ARE quite amazing, you failed once again to invite your understudy (i.e. me).

Back
Top Bottom