Epic Return

brooklynelizabeth

Hey friends!!, i have been MIA for some time now, and i hope I am not lost and forgotten. I have been able to check in here and there but haven't had a real chance to catch up with everyone.
For starters i will say that my Lambeau has grown to a very handsome young man, I plan to post Updated pics at some point this evening. And he is ever so happy with the Packers season.
Second i will give a brief explanation as to my absence from the Forum.
Early November my husband and I experienced a traumatic hit on our Farm when my Husbands best friend (a horse) named Rain fell suddenly ill. We had to have a emergency surgery done on her as she had suffered a Colic attack. Rain had a history of becoming slightly colic, and required special attention (my husband spent years of his life giving extra care and love to her). In this case, the colic was to severe to walk her out of, and she had to undergo a major surgery.
For people whom have never heard of colic...its much like when a Dogs stomach turns.
Well...for the past few Months my husband and i along with some of our farm hands and many equine vets have been working to rehabilitate Rain, Its been a long road, and included many sleepless nights, endless walking and working.
On December 27th at around 7pm, our beloved Rain fell to the illness and passed away.
I am sorry for the long explanation, but i look forward to catching up with everyone and cant wait to take on 2012!!

~Brooklyn

this is so sad :( im sorry to hear about Rain!!!!!!! yeah ive been MIA to from the forum to just been really busy trying to take care of all my fur kids and everything but on the bright side we might be coming up in april for a week or more. :) so if you need any help while im there i will gladly help you with anything.

Colic is an awful thing in horses. Melric's boy had it recently and underwent surgery....here is the thread.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/surgery-54917/

I lost my horse Mandy to sand colic when I was 10. That was 30 years ago but I still remember her dearly so I know what you and your husband are feeling when you lose a special one. Mandy was very much like Rain a chestnut with a big white blaze.

Its good to see you back though! :)

Back
Top Bottom