Enzo's fave shirt?

Abba's Amanda

Established Member
Can my chameleon have a favorite shirt??? I never take my Chameleon out and handle him b/c he is never interested in coming out, and I don't want to stress him out. He will eat crickets on my and but that's pretty much it. But the past few weeks he's been really grumpy....at least I think he is grumpy bc when I go in to check on him throughout the day he is very dark blue all over and he used to be always light green all over. I mean his patten is coming in, but sometimes all over his pattern is dark blue instead of light green all over his pattern. So I didn't know what he was mad about b/c no one was messing with him. So ANYWAY, my mom went in there to check on him with this striped overshirt on and he came toward her, which is NOT like him at all! Then next day same thing and same shirt, but this time he practically rushed towards her and climbed on the closed door. That is CRAZY for him! So she called me in there and I said, well maybe he decided he wants to come out. So I opened the door and he climbed on top the door and I picked him up and he sat on my hand for a while just looking at us and then I put him back and he was def ready to go back. So I kept thinking about it and I thought, well maybe it's this shirt. So I put the shirt on myself and covered my hands with it and put my hands in the cage and he came over to me very quickly and climbed on my hands! He has come to me three no four times now! What do you think? Does he think I am a girl cham? I took a bunch of videos today of him so I could show you what I mean, but since I can't post videos I am gonna post a link to my instagram so you can see what I mean. Could you please take a look and let me know? Thanks! https://www.instagram.com/abbasamanda/

I think yes.
Colors are important for a chameleon to communicate (or at least show their mood) so I'd say the color of your shirt may influence your chameleons behavior.

I have read people here saying their cham would dislike certain color of clothing so I'm confident it matters.

I do also think there's probably no girl cham around so you are the next best thing...
Chameleons can't climb the mango tree on their own :LOL:

There was a thread the other day about the same thing I'll see if I can find a link for you,

Patterns and the things you wear definitely affects how your chameleons perceives you because that how the communicate their feelings. However I did watch your Instagram video and he definitely seemed like he was "in the mood" lol. Maybe he thinks that shirt is the marrying type haha.

If you look at the video closely he is coming out rubbing his rear end on your hand,.maybe wanting to mate

Back
Top Bottom