Enclosure plants

Cordawayconstruction

Established Member
Hey guys, are there any other sites besides joshsfrogs that sells animal safe plants and as many varieties as they do too? All the plants that I want are out of stock and I'm having a hard time finding shops online. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Well, you can find plenty of chameleon safe plants at most home improvements stores. The only reason those online stores have so many that are out of stock is because it is wintertime and they can't grow anything to sell. If you want something such as a pothos, I know that those are sold year round at my local home improvements store, so should check the stores around you, too, if you haven't already. Plus, it is beginning to be spring and warm up outside (thank goodness :)), so more online stores will have plants, and they will be much easier to find and order, not to mention a plethora of plants being sold in actual stores.
You can also consider buying seeds for the plant you want and then growing it indoors and then taking it out in the warmer months. You can find seeds year round in most stores.

Well, you can find plenty of chameleon safe plants at most home improvements stores. The only reason those online stores have so many that are out of stock is because it is wintertime and they can't grow anything to sell. If you want something such as a pothos, I know that those are sold year round at my local home improvements store, so should check the stores around you, too, if you haven't already. Plus, it is beginning to be spring and warm up outside (thank goodness :)), so more online stores will have plants, and they will be much easier to find and order, not to mention a plethora of plants being sold in actual stores.
You can also consider buying seeds for the plant you want and then growing it indoors and then taking it out in the warmer months. You can find seeds year round in most stores.
Thanks camryn. Unfortunately, I live in a part of the country that typically 3xp3riences subzero temperatures for a few months of the year so all the home improvement stores have zero plants outside, only a few succulents indoors .
I got lucky and found our calathea at Albertsons grocery store and found our majestic palm at Fred Myers grocery as well. Lol. Limited pickuns ATM.

Oh I see. It doesn't get that cold where I live. I am glad you found something, though. I am stuck in a similar predicament because all of the plants that I need are not in stock. Guess I will just look around like you did. It does help that spring is right around the corner, though.

Where do you live? I live in St. Paul, Minnesota, and it doesn’t get much colder than here... I can easily find plants at Home Depot/menard’s/other home improvement stores locally. Otherwise you can just buy online and make sure you get a heat pack. There are always many options

You can usually find online stores that sell from places like California or even other countries, though the far places can end up to be a little bit pricey. I would say it was worth it if you really wanted a plant ASAP, but there will be a much wider selection in the spring and summer. If I want a plant, I check the actual plants in my neighborhood and if I want a plant like that, I take a clipping and then grow it on my own. That is another option you can consider.

I found a scheflera (sp?) Today at a local ranch supply store. I live at 4300 ft elevation. The coldest it's ever been here is -23 but that's a bit extreme.

So stoked I found it! I also picked it a zebra plant. I'm building ipmolants for when I buy his all glass enc. I'm super excited about it.
His enclosure right now is definitely too small for him.

Back
Top Bottom