Enclosure Floor?

Easytarget 12

So, I'm still tweaking Marcellus's home, and one thing I've noticed is that there is quite a lot of water coming out of this enclosure. Mine is on top of a bureau-- I have a towel over the bureau, a plastic drop cloth over the towel, then the floor of the enclosure (white plastic square), then another layer of drop cloth, then a few woodchips.

I realize now I should take out the woodchips and just line it with paper towels, but at the rate this towel is getting soaked, those paper towels are going to be mush in a few hours. Am I doing something wrong? I have a slow drip going in the cage, which lands more or less in the pot of the plant (splashes a little on some leaves on the way down) and of course I mist the cage pretty heavily a few times a day. How am I supposed to keep the bottom of my cage dry?

Thanks in advance.

Also, he's been mostly dark grey? He's switched to his green once or twice but he's mostly been very very dark. Is that indicative of anything?

I suggest filling out the how to ask for help form to help with your chameleon. It will probably help with your cage issue as well.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

As for the cage, is it possible for you to create a way to get all of the run off into a bucket?

Post pictures! Many of us are visual people.

Back
Top Bottom