Emotions and Cuddling

Further to my last,

You throw the world-is-flat argument at me? Well, you seem so vested in the view that man-is-the-measure, then let me throw an equally unfair douchebag argument your way: it’s not a far throw from man-is-the-measure of-emotional-complexity to only certain men are. That sentiment was super popular in 1930’s Germany. Sorry, did I totally misrepresent your point? My bad...middle finger!

The science behind this type of study has been over decades. People like Peter have been studying to see if they show any form of emotion, but in all cases anything that could be percieved as sign of emotion all had other underlying causes. I get the arguement of, "what about how a reptile feels emotion?" But if studies show there is zero chemical reaction to certain events its more or less impossible.
Where can these studies be found? It sounds like interesting reading material.

Omg: Brodybreaux25, you’ve never been anything but diplomatic, intelligent and clear with me. I do not, nor have I ever felt attacked by you, and your use of the word ‘fu$king’ in the post in question, was used to make me feel better, not worse! I have no idea why your comment was deleted, nor was I, in any way, made to feel anything but welcomed and reassured. If anything, my rather heated posts should be sanctioned. Your (Brodybreaux25) post that was deleted was equivalent to saying ‘don’t worry bud, they’re just razzin’ ya’, and I took it as such. To the powers that be, Brody’s post was super nice, and, while it had a ‘bad word’, the context in which the bad word was uttered should have been obvious: A down to earth way of saying ‘don’t worry about it bud!’

Omg: Brodybreaux25, you’ve never been anything but diplomatic, intelligent and clear with me. I do not, nor have I ever felt attacked by you, and your use of the word ‘fu$king’ in the post in question, was used to make me feel better, not worse! I have no idea why your comment was deleted, nor was I, in any way, made to feel anything but welcomed and reassured. If anything, my rather heated posts should be sanctioned. Your (Brodybreaux25) post that was deleted was equivalent to saying ‘don’t worry bud, they’re just razzin’ ya’, and I took it as such. To the powers that be, Brody’s post was super nice, and, while it had a ‘bad word’, the context in which the bad word was uttered should have been obvious: A down to earth way of saying ‘don’t worry about it bud!’

Consider all audiences and you will know why that language does not have a place here. If “don’t worry bud” was used it would not have been deleted. I used to edit these things individually, but I am not doing this anymore. I am trying to delete things that violate site rules in the hope that the behavior will not continue. There is no personal reason for this and hopefully members will consider the rules when posting. If I miss something, please feel free to report it and I will take care of it.

Decadancin,

While I value your point of view here, I would humbly ask that any sanction, punishment, record blemish or otherwise be added to my profile, not brody’s. He was honestly trying to console what he rightly took as a heated poster (me), and I don’t want his name blemished. He brings a lot more to the table than me, and exemplifies what I take to be the ethos of this forum.

Decadancin,

While I value your point of view here, I would humbly ask that any sanction, punishment, record blemish or otherwise be added to my profile, not brody’s. He was honestly trying to console what he rightly took as a heated poster (me), and I don’t want his name blemished. He brings a lot more to the table than me, and exemplifies what I take to be the ethos of this forum.

I appreciate that, but Brody did not receive any punishment or warning. I just simply removed the post. I notified him and others that it was removed. That’s all.

I’m cool with my post being deleted for language, well known rule.

I really just wanted to point out that, for once, it wasn’t me running someone off!

That statement says so much more than you know. For once you have not run someone off? I would appreciate a private discussion at this point if and when you want. I do not want this to become a heated thread that solves nothing. Please feel free to contact myself or @Brad about this if you would like.

I will politely delete any comments that reference this from this point forward.

Chams build trust by feeding, I hand feed my chams, so when I walk in they greet me, I am a human food dispenser, that is all their brain can process, although I love them

Trust? Is that something they are capable of? Is it just simply conditioning? That is why these arguments are not absolute. I have personally seen tiny lizards in my yard hang out with me while doing yard work and they do not see me as a threat. Others run for cover before I can get anywhere close. I have rescued lizards from my garage that needed to warm up and no matter what they would not jump off my hand because of the heat provided. I don’t for a minute think they “love” me, but I also don’t think they automatically see me as a predator.

Taking all emotions out is almost impossible for us. Even so, I have seen lizards that absolutely crave interaction with humans due to learned behavior. That may not be natural for an animal in the wild, but for ones that are accustomed to humans that do not threaten them, why not interact. Instincts would not automatically cause an animal to view us as a threat. Even if we think in terms of love and it isn’t, it as many have stated, is a type of bond.

Back
Top Bottom