Emergency food

leedragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
One of my guys is not eating. Talked to the vet and got https://emeraid.com/vet/emeraid-intensive-care-basic-use-guide/ as a solution. Problem is has alot of vitamin a and vitamin D. My chameleon is a jacksonii jacksonii. 7 grams last I weighted him at the vet. Husbandry wise is the same as my two others who are eating. Anyone has any experience with this kind of emergency food and what to do about the amounts of vitamin A and d3 in it? Also I dusted vitamins, D3 and vitamin a like 2 weeks ago so it feels a bit too soon to give it food with that?

PS the vitamin A I gave is repashy. and vitamins and d3 is from sticky farm toungs. Temps are about 10 at night now I autom. Day time room temperature. Basking around 26-27. Humidity low during the day. Uvb is arcadia 6% 24 Watts. Is about 8 months old so I will be switching it with a new I have soon. Humidity it rains with a missing system 4 times during the night for like 10 seconds each
Day time dry. Feeder items stick insects, p nivea, crickets. Thing is that he will eat one or two, maybe 4 and then don't want to eat it no more. He will just go to his feeder station and state at the insects and not eat them. So he lost weight.

Seems like over kill meant for a long term tube feeding...

But if this is for 30 days or less, you are fine with ANYTHING. I would not be adding reptile vitamins to the slurry.

And i really really do not like force feeding chameleons. And i really hope you have the bulb on a stick syringe that gets past their breathing hole. You cant just squirt stuff in...

Seems like over kill meant for a long term tube feeding...

But if this is for 30 days or less, you are fine with ANYTHING. I would not be adding reptile vitamins to the slurry.

And i really really do not like force feeding chameleons. And i really hope you have the bulb on a stick syringe that gets past their breathing hole. You cant just squirt stuff in...
yeah, no I am nervous about that too. I try force feeding larvs see how it goes.

It doesn't smell as terrible as you would imagine but I wouldn't eat it even if it was mixed with chocolate. My chameleons that I used it on seem to like it and that's what matters. Well they like it better than antibiotics and it's worked well on a few now.

It doesn't smell as terrible as you would imagine but I wouldn't eat it even if it was mixed with chocolate. My chameleons that I used it on seem to like it and that's what matters. Well they like it better than antibiotics and it's worked well on a few now.

My beardy wont take anti biotics unless its bubble gum flavored. Its an odd thing to list on the vet form.

Back
Top Bottom