ELDER veiled?

jurjenfromholland

Is it true that elder male veiled like...
3 years and beyond... eat less? and
go earlier into sleep mode???
my male seems to act bit sleepy at 19:00 ish...
the lights get on at 10:00
got him new light uvb tube instead of the reptisun bulb inside
of his cage... and he is acting bit slowier...
Drinks well and it very active during the main day... but
... mabye someone els can explain this..??? thx

They tend to want to go to bed when it starts to get dark outside. On cloudy rainy days mine will start curling their tails and looking for that sleep spot early. I cut back on feeding after they ar adult so they did eat less and poop less. I think it would be a good idea to get a fecal and a check up to keep him in good health for old age.

As Jann said, they tend to become sleepier depending on the light outside (make sure to change the light schedule during daylight savings times). My 2 1/2 year old would eat less and less as he got older, there's nothing to be concerned about. If anything, you don't want them to eat too much because they will become overweight easier as they get older.

mine is 3 y.o too and doesn't eat much in winter. during the summer when I keep him outside he eats more but in winter if I don't offer locusts or some other of his favourites, I'm lucky if he eats about 5-7 insects a week.

Last edited:
thx ! mate ! well not realy much about the worry then.. could get another heat
bulb... to see how he respawns to that.. but i just gues he isnt hungry yesterday he ate 1 locust today 1 superworm... so he will eat only not that much anymore

Back
Top Bottom