Egg removal

Well if they're infertile just go digging for em. They may be a little hard to find tho and you'll be surprised at how.many there are ha. My girl had 32? I think and I have no idea were she stored those thinggs lol.

What I did was carefully dump the bucket of dirt onto a tarp, and then slowly sifted through the dirt with my fingers, removed the eggs. then rolled the tarp up and dumped the dirt back in the bucket.

I just gentely dig through the bin with my fingers. If you have a general idea of where she laid them, its easier (or if she used a small tub.) just be carefull and take your time. They should be fine if you are gentle and they are healthy. If you've never felt one before, they are pretty hard to pop unless you are trying to or use something sharp.

When removing the eggs from the laying Site its usually advised that you don't turn them from the position they were laid in...so I would not recommend dumping them out.

I just scrape away a little sand at a time with a plastic teaspoon until I find the eggs and then remove them with the plastic spoon one at a time.

Back
Top Bottom