Egg laying! Help

BostonKeith

Avid Member
So luna decided she wanted to start laying while free roaming. Only weird thing is she has not dug. She laid 14 then went back inside her cage. She has her lay bin a soil sand mix she shows no intrest. Added a 2nd lay bin all sand to see if maybe she did not like the substrate of bin 1. Should i be worried. She has plenty of strength but i know she must have more then 14. Veiled.

Any suggestions? Took day off to secretly monitor her. Help!

Wow 😳 that’s unusual. Was/is it her first time? Does she look skinny and wrinkled? 14 is a low number, but if you followed the strict temp/food regime from the beginning, I don’t think it’s a wrong number. Have you per chance weight her lately?

Wow 😳 that’s unusual. Was/is it her first time? Does she look skinny and wrinkled? 14 is a low number, but if you followed the strict temp/food regime from the beginning, I don’t think it’s a wrong number. Have you per chance weight her lately?
negative on the weight and i know she still has more to go. This is also her first time. I have a blanket up in her cage for privacy and will update if anything else happens! She is under her basking light atm.

negative on the weight and i know she still has more to go. This is also her first time. I have a blanket up in her cage for privacy and will update if anything else happens! She is under her basking light atm.
let me say that again i have no clue if she has more but shes still chubby!

let me say that again i have no clue if she has more but shes still chubby!
Difficult! Hopefully, if she still has some left, she’s gonna lay them. Otherwise it’s extremely close monitoring or X-ray I guess, befor she declines. But, let first @jannb do her thing, she’s 100 times more experienced in this matter then I am. I can’t give any solid advice for now. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 For you and your girl 🙏🏻

here is a pic

Attachments

• 16640401872688253817791072563386.jpg
    16640401872688253817791072563386.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 55
she is up eating and acting normal... Her sleeping colors last night were so vibrant. She seems to have plenty of energy and is still a little chubby.

Attachments

• IMG20220925065337.jpg
    IMG20220925065337.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 59
Quick update Luna finally finished laying the rest of her clutch. She is tidying everything up. Its been a super stressful last week or so. Will clean everything up and get a final count. She would not use a bin and i had to lay sand in a corner. She wanted to dig horizontally. I will modify lay bin somehow for next time. Her enclosure is messier then a frat house.

Attachments

• IMG20221008165737.jpg
    IMG20221008165737.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 57
This was one of her test holes. This one collapsed and she had to start over. Just wierd she went sideways.

Attachments

• IMG20221001162318.jpg
    IMG20221001162318.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 63
This was one of her test holes. This one collapsed and she had to start over. Just wierd she went sideways.
One of my girls went sideways too and had her tunnel collapse on her…had to dig her out. One of my girls taught me that they can be quite particular about their bins. My girls prefer very large opaque bins that are at least 12” long and wide and just as deep. I fill with play sand to only about a 6” depth.

One of my girls went sideways too and had her tunnel collapse on her…had to dig her out. One of my girls taught me that they can be quite particular about their bins. My girls prefer very large opaque bins that are at least 12” long and wide and just as deep. I fill with play sand to only about a 6” depth.
I will give it a shot! Going to do a nice deep clean today.

Back
Top Bottom