Eating Pothos

dlaunde

Established Member
Hey all,

So....is there anyway to discourage my Veiled from eating the Pothos plants? I know it is safe, but he is picking the vines clean. Every time a new leaf/offshoot pops up, he chows down. I'm actually losing more leaf coverage than I started with despite the vines growing really long.

He doesn't touch the Schefflera's.

Wasn't sure if like a light spray of vinegar or the bitter taste stuff people use for dogs would keep him off them until they at least grow in more robustly?

Thanks

Dubia roaches. He eats a lot, not picky. Has large, good poops and urates. But by lord, does he still pick the Pothos clean lol
Yep and this is what they do. They pick their favorite and strip it. More so when they are younger IME.

Please post a recent photo of your chameleon. Also, tell me what supplements you are using and please be specific...with/without D3 and phos? With or without prEformed vitamin A?
What do you specifically feed the insects?

I keep some extra pothos and other plants so I can rotate them in/out when one is eaten almost bare.
If a vine is picked clean but it is still rooted in the soil good will it grow back it's leaves eventually? Or should I figure I need to replace most of the pothos at some point?

If a vine is picked clean but it is still rooted in the soil good will it grow back it's leaves eventually? Or should I figure I need to replace most of the pothos at some point?
Leaves will only grow from the tip of the vine. The stripped part will stay bare.

Mine have grown back. But when Beman would strip them clean I would replace with a new full one to actually give the plant a break to grow back.

Back
Top Bottom