eating issue.

Gregor

So my cham is in her new big cage, and the crickets are in there running around, mostly on the bottom or in the plants and leaves. I feel like she can't readily find them if she's hungery, but she also hasent really tried so maybe she will hunt when she's ready.

Is it normal for the crickets to stay hidden and she will go find them? I also have a little bowl of worms perched up in plain sight which she has gone to and eaten, and she has eaten a couple crickets from being hand fed.

Not really sure if this is even a problem but i just wanted to make sure that if she is hungery enough, she will go searching.

my cham will pick worms over crickets anyday! You could always disable the crickets by pulling off their legs(eww) and putting them in the cup. Is she wanted to eat them I am sure she would. Maybe she is getting tired of the crickets. And yes, they will hide at every chance they can get, they are sneaky little suckers! My chameleon will starve itself rather than eat crickets. This started at about 8 months old. I don't know how old yours is.

She doesn't need to eat crickets?!?!?! She eats worms like its the end of the world! She will be ok on a diet of just a variety of worms? That would be awesome.

If you can provide the right variety of worms maybe yes: hornworms, supersworm, silkworms etc... But i dont know about the chow they eat. Crickets and roaches (and superworms) are easily can gutloaded, i dont know about the others... so lets see some more experienced commenters :)

Back
Top Bottom