Eating Habits? Winter?

Chameleon87

Hey everybody, my main question is do chams adjust their eating habits in winter and eat smaller amounts of food? I've just adjusted his lighting about 1- 1 1/2 weeks ago to a 7:00 am - 6:00 pm cycle.

I've been noticing my chameleon has been eating less the last week or so. Usually fed him 2 superworms and a couple of butterworms every couple days; sometimes 1 as a treat in between. Used to cup feed - showing disinterest in it now.

He has been drinking normally every morning when I fill up his dripper. Humidity is normal.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time seeing his fecal and urates because of the density of his plants in his cage - gonna clean and thin them out today.

You may find something interesting in this thread: https://www.chameleonforums.com/veiled-chameleons-hibernation-brumation-12984/ Try the search function and search the terms 'hibernation' and 'brumation' - you may find a lot more info on here. Also the term 'hunger strike' may throw up some more results too. I personally never noticed it with my female veiled, but here in the UK we don't get such differences in our temps in the winter. Seems like it's always cold here, lol!:D

Back
Top Bottom