Eating fake moss??

ChamChick

My female Panther has taken to eating the fake moss off of her fake vines and branches in her enclosure. Anyone else ever seen this? Could this pose a problem?

Reactions: Dez
I personally haven't but I've haerd of it before. Not to sure why but if you add some real greens I'm Sure she will prefer them to the fake stuff. :)

Yeah Im thinking if I see her doing it again, I will be ordering her some different vines. I just thought it was really strange. She really seems to enjoy it for some reason LOL. I also think I will try upping the live foliage in her enclosure to see if I can find something she would rather eat than fake moss....weird little cham...

ya i would remove it asap i dont know for sure but i would think that fake moss could lead to an impaction problem, as it is probubly not easily digested.

jmo hoj

Yeah Im thinking if I see her doing it again, I will be ordering her some different vines. I just thought it was really strange. She really seems to enjoy it for some reason LOL. I also think I will try upping the live foliage in her enclosure to see if I can find something she would rather eat than fake moss....weird little cham...

It means your cham has added the fake moss to her list of "familiar and safe foods" regardless if this is actually a good thing. They aren't rocket scientists after all. I'd get rid of it just to be safe.

ditto on ditching the moss! There was a chameleon that choked on that very moss it ate while shooting at a cricket awhile back!!!

Back
Top Bottom