Eating Dirt

eZiO

I have two live plants in my enclosure and I have covered the dirt with paper towels for now. I am actually getting some rocks today to put over the dirt. MY Veiled is doing everything in his power to eat some dirt. He is moving the paper towels to get to the dirt. I can't seem to figure out why he wants dirt so bad. Should I just let him eat some dirt? Or should I not let him eat it at all. I read that it's not the worst thing for him to eat dirt but I really shouldn't let him.

As long as your dirt is organic and doesn't have fertilizers, it should be fine. My panther when he was younger did the same thing, he got over it. :D

Is he getting all the supplements he needs? Sometimes animals will eat earth to try to get extra minerals and stuff like that.

My young faly did the same thing also. I supp him properly cal w no d3 5-6 times per week and w/d3 twice monthly & multi vit once monthly. He has stopped trying to eat dirt as much. I covered both his plants w/rocks immed and he still found ways to shoot the little gaps between the rocks.

I give him C/wo D3 4 to 5 times a week. Muti Vitamin twice a month and C/wD3 twice monthly.

Back
Top Bottom