Dubias fly!!

Minihuey

Established Member
I went to inspect my dubia colony today and a male decided to fly out of the cage. I caught him but it was crazy!

Anybody else have flying dubias?

You learn to like them. They are clean little suckers. They dont crap all over their food unlike the disgusting crickets. BUT THEY FLY!! lol

I started my colony a little while back. They were all baby dubias, now I have one giant mother crawling around in there. It kind of gave me the creeps to see all these babies and then one HUGE one :p.

I started my colony a little while back. They were all baby dubias, now I have one giant mother crawling around in there. It kind of gave me the creeps to see all these babies and then one HUGE one :p.

Yeah my colony is about 4 months old and tripled in size. There are these monstrous ones walking about and hundreds of babies.

When I was in Cabo few months ago. A roach flew in from our balcony and landed on my shoulder! Looks like a dubia to me, that thing was crazy! He flew all over the place and everytime he landed there would be a big smack.

When I was in Cabo few months ago. A roach flew in from our balcony and landed on my shoulder! Looks like a dubia to me, that thing was crazy! He flew all over the place and everytime he landed there would be a big smack.

Roaches are so funny. The most entertaining thing when girls see them and scream

if i bred dubias, do you think people on this forum would buy the excess?

Youd have to sell them for pretty cheap. Some the sponsors on here sell them for a good deal. I would like to assume the majority of the CF have colonies of their own but ya never own.

i have bought some from members, and PM me if you need any, because i have some extras if you need any to start a small colony.

well theres another member that im probably buying from, thats closer to where i live, but thanx for the offer anyways :D

The males will roam more when the food runs out or space in the colony is too small. Also if the bin needs a major clean out. I've seen one or two flying males in the house. If they have all they need in the colony box they don't bother wandering.

Back
Top Bottom