Dubias eating???

BIGGUN

Avid Member
Do you guys see your dubias eating much?

I have the egg crates on the heating pad side and I put the food on the unheated side so it won't spoil as quick. I only see one or two roaches there at a time.....sometimes none are there.

I was wondering if that was normal or if I need to change something?

Thanks,
Kevin

first what are you feeding them and if you want them to eat alot more and mate alot more you should warm it up a bit they eat in the dark and they can feel you walking in the room so they run under the egg crates but if you wanna c if there eating enough you should put theer food there and cover ther tank with somethign that wont let light in and they would like eating alot more you knwo roaches they like hiding and not being seeen ive caught like 10 or 20 eating at a time and right when i even get close they runn away even when im really far you can hear them runnign away so dont worry they are eating

dubia

You probably won't see many of them feeding unless you're willing to stay up all night with a flashlight haha. After a while they'll get used to you being in the room with them while they eat, at least that's what happened with my hissers. Theyre not shy about eating infront of me at all anymore, Night or Day.

I was up kinda late last night watching and nothing seemed different. They are in a solid 29 gal sterlite container so light isn't an issue. It is heated on one side with a heating pad. The food on the other side is an apple, carrots, cat food, and cricket gel. I do have to open the lid to see but they don't seem quite fast enough to get away without seeing some kind of movement.....like I said I do see one or two at a time. That sounds like it may be the norm though. I just figured that with a 100 of them in there I'd see more at a time.

Rhett: Do you get any yet?

Thanks for your time,
Kevin

They like to stay hidden all day and night but at night more and more will come out. They actually make noise running around. I only hear them at about 3amish

roaches

my roaches become more and more bold once they've been in their enclosure a while. Mine are so bold now that the my hissers will let you watch them eat even with a flashlight shining right on them.

just make sure to keep your water crystals wet, i hardly ever see mine eat because they are all spooked by the time i get the lid off , but you can till by volume , dont put in more than they will eat in 15hrs, mine go through about 7or8 grams of veggies and 20-30 granules of bee pollen a night,if there is any left i dont feed for another day, its a 2 month old starter colony of about 200, i have screened areas on both ends as well as the top ,that and carefully rationed food , almost eliminate spoilage alltogether ,sorry always posting to ancient threads

This has happened to me before. I got rod of the heat pad and put on a basking lamp with a red bulb. They would all bunch up and bask under it and yes I placed some carrots close by and they munched away. Try that

Back
Top Bottom