Dubia

Class @summerseeking thanks for the pictures. Looks great do you use any heating for your bugs. As I'm in the uk and going to set up a shed outside for mine around the end of the year probably need heat mats on thermostat or something
Thanks you 🥰 I use heating pads on the tubs with my breeders. I’m thinking about adding a ceramic emitter. The drawer don’t have any heating units. The summers in Northern California are great temp. I’m planning to use a space heater in the winter.

Lol California lucky you I think I will have to add heat mats to my setups breeder or just ordinary containers. Better heat / conditions =eating better =digestion / health . Do they need uvb probably suppid question ( not that there are any) must look into a small wattage linear che

Excellent thank you what kind of substrate do you use i was going to get (if I decide bio) arcadia earth mix. Is cleaner bettles the actual name ? I'm trying to get sun bettles to hatch. Do you use heat mats or lighting ? 😀
I'm not sure the stuff I use can get shipped to the UK, plus Arcadia Earth Mix is AMAZING! I wish we could get that here! I use buffalo beetles and a couple of other types of beetles (I forgot their names), but they're all used as cleaner beetles. I don't use heat mats for my feeder roaches because I'm in southeast Texas; you'll probably want some though. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I do have old UVB bulbs I'll be using to mount above the roach bins, as it's been proven to be beneficial for them. Also, sorry for such a late response!

Don't suppose you have a locust breeding tank @ERKleRose or anyone I was thinking about using tank ( I've just been toying with it so I know probably tons wrong )
20210728_200547.jpg

I have one, though it's the larger Zilla screen cage for airflow (I chose that one because it has a smaller door, so less anxiety about them jumping out🤣). When I get home, I can post a pic for you!

Ok yeah just trying to get a feel for things would you recommend taking out the exo terra background? And what would you recommend for hiding/ coverage if even needed 🤔 . Was reading/ researching today . Zoosnippets.com . As I have some adults and they are breeding I thought why not try setting something up as I have lots of stuff laying around 😅

Ok yeah just trying to get a feel for things would you recommend taking out the exo terra background? And what would you recommend for hiding/ coverage if even needed 🤔 . Was reading/ researching today . Zoosnippets.com . As I have some adults and they are breeding I thought why not try setting something up as I have lots of stuff laying around 😅
Yup, just to be on the safe side. I use egg flats and paper towel tubes to provide privacy. @SauceGandhi will probably be the best help! Here's my enclosure though (please ignore the mess, I'm cleaning the cage tomorrow; also, the paper towel tubes used to be up and dispersed throughout the cage, but they've settled down there- I'm fixing that tomorrow, too):
Locust1.jpg Locust2.jpg

Yeah the zilla would be better for ventilation I just have this exo doing nothing and as I live in UK thought it would be better to hold heat as its currently in my garage from what I read yesterday from a zoo they need daytime temps around 32/38c ( for breeding ) and around 20 at night what are you using as a heat source I have different sizes of bulbs but was considering 2 che on thermos and a uvb on a timer?

Yeah the zilla would be better for ventilation I just have this exo doing nothing and as I live in UK thought it would be better to hold heat as its currently in my garage from what I read yesterday from a zoo they need daytime temps around 32/38c ( for breeding ) and around 20 at night what are you using as a heat source I have different sizes of bulbs but was considering 2 che on thermos and a uvb on a timer?
I’m sure the Exo Terra will be fine, especially at holding the heat in and creating more space, too! I have migratory locusts and am pretty sure you have desert locusts on that side of the pond, so I don’t know the specs on their care. I have a ceramic heat emitter going 24/7 on top of the cage, a heat bulb on top of the cage during the day, and a stronger heat bulb 2-2.5 feet above the cage in one corner (only during the day, as well). Our house is kept really cold, hence the need for 3 heaters. I’ll also be adding either an old Mercury vapor bulb (just for the locusts and to replace a heat bulb) or an old T5HO 6% bulb to them, along with my roaches, too, soon.

I have migratory and desert. What do you usei n your egg bin . I put soil in mine but going to get coco humus to retain moisture better . Lol was doing some cleaning the other day and adult got out some fun catching it. Do you keep all instar sizes in separate enclosures

This was a nice surprise this morning after feeding pachnoda grubs for over a year finally a sun bettle hatched 😃anyone keep these

Attachments

• 20210816_144238.jpg
    20210816_144238.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 40
I have migratory and desert. What do you usei n your egg bin . I put soil in mine but going to get coco humus to retain moisture better . Lol was doing some cleaning the other day and adult got out some fun catching it. Do you keep all instar sizes in separate enclosures
I use moist loose coco coir/fiber, but my egg bin is too shallow for them to lay in, and I haven't had a chance to change it out yet. @SauceGandhi is really the best to answer these questions

Hi so b4 iclean my dubia roaches out I was wondering should I put the frass aka poo which may or may not contain eggs also into a container with moisten coco coir?

Back
Top Bottom