Dubia

I also give my feeders rolled oats / oatmeal but think I'm going to switch that to oatl bran maybe make little oat bran honey / bee pollen flakes
Oats/bran potentially block nutrient absorption, good idea to be used at a minimum.

I like having manuka honey for wound care. I used it with bottleflies and waxworms too, but don't use it much in gutload otherwise.

Thanks @James000 just seen it for locusts ( would it be OK as a mantience or as you mentioned in moderation or just avoid ?

This is what I've seen so the reason I asked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210629-163726_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210629-163726_Chrome.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20210629-163745_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210629-163745_Chrome.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 54
Excellent thank you what kind of substrate do you use i was going to get (if I decide bio) arcadia earth mix. Is cleaner bettles the actual name ? I'm trying to get sun bettles to hatch. Do you use heat mats or lighting ? 😀

Here are pics of my setups for dubias, hornworms, and silkworms.

Me right now my dubia colonies are in here. Once my hornworm eggs are ready they will go in here too with a special feeder cup setup that

View attachment 304469
View attachment 304470
View attachment 304471

This is my hornworm setup. I currently have 11 pupa.

View attachment 304472

Finally, my silkworms. These are by far the hardest. I’m learning the most working with these guys.

View attachment 304473
This is truly awesome set up

Class @summerseeking thanks for the pictures. Looks great do you use any heating for your bugs. As I'm in the uk and going to set up a shed outside for mine around the end of the year probably need heat mats on thermostat or something

Back
Top Bottom