Dubia roach

Carloscruz

Avid Member
Hi it is me again I was wondering if you could help be within Dubai roachs I want to breed them but I don’t wanna have too many and I was wondering if there’s any kit that you can buy that comes with everything.

Many vendors sell breeding kits that consist of various numbers of breeding age adult females and males.

The closest I've seen to what you're describing is this:
https://aafeeder.com/small-breeding-kit/
Heaters are available for extra, but you'll still need a bin from any big-box/dollar store, and some window screen to add ventilation.

Get a large plastic tub/ cut holes in the top and cover with screen/ put in some egg cartons on edge and your pretty much set. Throw in some breeders and feed. Sit back and wait😎

Know how you feel there! My leopards use to just hate them so much. So many dubias wasted.
He loved them when he was 4 to 4 months but then he just switched to crickets! I mean they are cheaper so thanks peach fuzz! They are stinky but I put them in my closet and can't smell them.

One more thing how many should I start with I I don’t wanna have too many Dubai roachs
It takes time to establish a colony/for nymphs to grow large enough to be used as feeders, so it depends on how many you need and how fast. The ratio I've read is 3-4 females to each male, but some vendors sell them in other ratios.

Get a large plastic tub/ cut holes in the top and cover with screen/ put in some egg cartons on edge and your pretty much set. Throw in some breeders and feed. Sit back and wait😎
This is where the heater may come in. They seem to prefer a breeding temperature of 90-95F.
I tried it w/o a heater but got little/no results.

They are stinky but I put them in my closet and can't smell them.
We become immune/desensitized to odors/smells we live in.
If people start asking, "Ew, what's that horrible smell?" (from your clothing) when you walk into a room, or start calling you, "Dead Cricket Boy," you might wanna reconsider keeping them in your closet. 😁

It takes time to establish a colony/for nymphs to grow large enough to be used as feeders, so it depends on how many you need and how fast. The ratio I've read is 3-4 females to each male, but some vendors sell them in other ratios.

This is where the heater may come in. They seem to prefer a breeding temperature of 90-95F.
I tried it w/o a heater but got little/no results.

We become immune/desensitized to odors/smells we live in.
If people start asking, "Ew, what's that horrible smell?" (from your clothing) when you walk into a room, or start calling you, "Dead Cricket Boy," you might wanna reconsider keeping them in your closet. 😁
I have them far away from my clothes and to be honest I kinda use a laundry basket to hold my clothes anyway and just change from that. No one in my family or at school has expressed any thing bad about my scent. Side note when I build this new enclosure I will keep all of my bugs in the bottom drawer of it along with my drainage buckets.

Back
Top Bottom