Dry Gut Load?

creddjobs

Hey CF,
I havent posted in awhile but I have a question. I have been gutloading my bugs with all kind of fruits and veggies! BUt I have not used a dry gutload in a few months. Is this bad? I do have some big burger, I use it every now and then but mostly Greens, Carrots, Apples, Oranges, Kale, Etc... Let me know your thoughts and thanks ahead. Also for your viewing pleasure I added a pic of Koopa gettin some ZZZZZ's ; )

Attachments

• 424671_882692131464_1570775558_n.jpg
    424671_882692131464_1570775558_n.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 123
Hey CF,
I havent posted in awhile but I have a question. I have been gutloading my bugs with all kind of fruits and veggies! BUt I have not used a dry gutload in a few months. Is this bad? I do have some big burger, I use it every now and then but mostly Greens, Carrots, Apples, Oranges, Kale, Etc... Let me know your thoughts and thanks ahead. Also for your viewing pleasure I added a pic of Koopa gettin some ZZZZZ's ; )

Over time there may be some minerals lacking because of your fruit/veggie heavy gutload, but adding the dry ingredients back in would balance it more.

Over time there may be some minerals lacking because of your fruit/veggie heavy gutload, but adding the dry ingredients back in would balance it more.

Thanks for the reply. Will this have any negative affects? I was using fluckers dry gutload since thats whats I can get easily. Would the bugbuger be ok as a dry gutload? Also is it possible that I could see some negative effects on my cham from this. I havent used it in a few months....

Wowww Koppa is gorgeous! I've read many very detailed organic mixes you can make at home, but the amount of time and detail to have a perfect balance always seemed more than I can handle. It's definitely possible, and you should read up on Sandra's blogs to see her recipes, but it's not that easy. A little bug burger and dinofuel along with what you're already doing probably wouldn't hurt.

Wowww Koppa is gorgeous! I've read many very detailed organic mixes you can make at home, but the amount of time and detail to have a perfect balance always seemed more than I can handle. It's definitely possible, and you should read up on Sandra's blogs to see her recipes, but it's not that easy. A little bug burger and dinofuel along with what you're already doing probably wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for the reply. I will read the Blog and see but I will probably get fluckers until I can order some cricket crack. I just hope I didnt hurt my boy by not giving him that.

I used to use Fluker's too, but after a bunch of research theres not much to it but water. Try to use the Reptivite dust in addition until you get it. Sounds like they may need some calcium and D3

There is also some stuff called Cricket Crack. I bought it once and it worked as the name states Cracke for Crickets.... but cant seem to find from wherer i ordered it from

I've heard some good stuff about CC too. If you google it, it should pop right up. There's only one place I could find it. I think it was called tikitiki something if I remember correctly. I know it sounds weird.

dont bother offering flukers.

toss in a few seeds or nuts,just a few of whatever you have.
next week toss in some spirulina or kelp powder
carry on like that, rounding things out as needed, or make up a dry mix blend - it is NOT hard or complicated to make a dry gutload

or easy to buy a decent one, like dino fuel or cricket crack

I think i might give up and buy some cricket crack and dyno fuel. The stuff is $6-10 a pound shipped, but i cant find half the ingredients of Sandras mixes locally, and the stuff i can find i have to buy like 40lbs of. At least the horse will eat the other 35lbs of the 40lb/$15 bag of alfalfa pellets...

I think i might give up and buy some cricket crack and dyno fuel. The stuff is $6-10 a pound shipped, but i cant find half the ingredients of Sandras mixes locally, and the stuff i can find i have to buy like 40lbs of. At least the horse will eat the other 35lbs of the 40lb/$15 bag of alfalfa pellets...

I used porridge oats instead of alfalfa. Just get it bit by bit.

Dinofuel isn't quite as cheap, but if you buy in larger quantities they have pretty good price breaks. As far as I can tell so far, it's totally worth it. If ever I can go all organic I'm for it. We'll for my animals at least. Double cheeseburgers are just too dang good. Also, the cupcake store that opened up across the street from me has been doing bad, bad things to my body. Totally worth it. Now I'm thinking about it, I'm going to pick up some wax worms to give my buddy a "chameleon Mar's bar".

Back
Top Bottom