Drizzy scratching like a dog!?

lancaster0861

Just like the title is named, I was watching t.v. earlier and i noticed my 16 month old male veiled had is left hind leg pulled up to the side of his head and repeatedly scratching it like a dog! lol it was so funny, i have never seen him do this before and wish i had a camera to show you guys but i wasn't fast enough! He has been shedding his head pretty bad the last couple of days and you could see clearly he was attempting to remove some dead skin. I did a search and couldn't find much on this type of behavior so i thought I would share with you guys! He did it for about fifteen seconds then stopped! Like i said I'm not really concerned but just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced anything similar to this or not. It was exactly like a dog scratching his ears and though it looked funny it also looked pretty effective!

The veiled I used to have seemed to always have a bizarre way of removing shed skin, and I had seen him do the dog scratch a few times.

I think the dog scratch is pretty common when they are shedding. I've seen a few of mine do it before. :)

You mean like this? :D

mbsn.jpg

c517.jpg

xo8q.jpg

hahaha just like that! That is so funny, I love it! Well i guess it happens a lot more than I thought i had just never caught him in the act! Im happy to know that I can expect to see this more hopefully! Thanks for the replies and pictures guys!

Yea, it's super cute! I've only seen it once, but I have my cages in a separate bedroom so I don't get to see them all day long. But it's definitely something they do when they want to get shed off their face sometimes, and it's amusing to see.

Back
Top Bottom