Dragon Strand offering Arcadia Supplements in the US!!!!!!!!!

He just released it on the website a few days ago ;) What does "need" really mean in chameleon keeping :LOL:
I justify all my cham purchases as needed items... Here is how you do this... Better supplement then what I do have? If the answer is yes then it is a needed item :hilarious:

Ahhve course...timing ??? but so true! i just ordered and will be changing over asap I'm just guna give my other supplements to my neighbor who just got an awesome lil nosybe! ? but exactly why i just upgraded everything...and Im TAPPED ?UT!!!$$$ but its worth a healthy cham right!??

Ahhve course...timing ??? but so true! i just ordered and will be changing over asap I'm just guna give my other supplements to my neighbor who just got an awesome lil nosybe! ? but exactly why i just upgraded everything...and Im TAPPED ?UT!!!$$$ but its worth a healthy cham right!??
IMO this is the only way to be as a keeper... When you spend money that maybe you shouldn't spend but it is for their health and well being. You don't want to know how much I have in over the last almost 2 years lol. Heck I don't wanna know either :hilarious:

Just think, spending a little bit of money on the proper supplements, when you still have the "old" stuff left over is a lot better than spending a LOT of money on vet visits. I've been listening to Bill's podcast and am interested in his work with the supplements, as well as the Arcadia information, and just ordered this system. I love the idea of dialing into exactly what a chameleon needs and not accidentally giving too much of something that could end up harming them down the line.

Just think, spending a little bit of money on the proper supplements, when you still have the "old" stuff left over is a lot better than spending a LOT of money on vet visits. I've been listening to Bill's podcast and am interested in his work with the supplements, as well as the Arcadia information, and just ordered this system. I love the idea of dialing into exactly what a chameleon needs and not accidentally giving too much of something that could end up harming them down the line.

Uhh how do you dial in? They do not have a weight chart. They do not say how much to give. They only have frequency. Id say red runners have 10x the surface area of a queen dubia, so how much powder is that? At the end of the day, if its a water soluble vitamin, you cant really "over do it". You want to take 3000% of your daily amount of C or B, go for it, you just will be peeing funny colors. Its the fat soluble stuff that causes issues. Its really hard to flush out D3.

Though i think it odd that the lighting department at arcadia says never give D3 and keep the UVI at 3 or higher, and the supplement department says give D3 every 8th feeding...

Vitamin D3 5000 iu Kg

Repashy calcium plus LoD is 10,000 iu kg (every feeding)

So at the end of the day arcaidia wants you to use 10x less D3 than what repashy wants you to use.

I couldn't agree more! I know itll be worth it in the end and i have to start listening to that podcast! Its available on spotify? What's it called?

Any issues with doing a 6 day/two week rotation. Monday and Wednesday giving the EarthPro-A and on Alternating Fridays giving the CalciumPro and D3?

Doing the monday, wednesday, friday, saturday rotation. Splitting the feeder amount on friday and saturday. Just thinking out loud and wondering if the smaller saturday feeding also means your chameleon is getting less of the CalciumPro and D3 supplements than it would if you did a full regular feeding.

Tagging in Bill @DeremensisBlue

Any issues with doing a 6 day/two week rotation. Monday and Wednesday giving the EarthPro-A and on Alternating Fridays giving the CalciumPro and D3?

Doing the monday, wednesday, friday, saturday rotation. Splitting the feeder amount on friday and saturday. Just thinking out loud and wondering if the smaller saturday feeding also means your chameleon is getting less of the CalciumPro and D3 supplements than it would if you did a full regular feeding.

Yes, you can do this as well. He recommends if your wanting to reduce feedings days then you drop a day that you would normally give EP-A

You would not want to have a reduced feeding amount on the day that you do the CalMG or the Revitalise instead if you wanted to keep the 4 day plan then you would reduce feeders on a day that the EP-A is used.

I couldn't agree more! I know itll be worth it in the end and i have to start listening to that podcast! Its available on spotify? What's it called?

It's called the Chameleon Acadamy podcast. I don't know if it's on Spotify, as I don't use that, however it's really interesting and worth a listen.

Hello all! Yes, I decided I had to start carrying the Arcadia supplements because I have been recommending them for a couple years now and kept hearing about how it was always sold out. I found out that these are popular in the bearded dragon world so that community would soak up the inventory. So, I now have stock for the chameleon world! Terrestrial reptile people wouldn't be hanging out on my arboreal caging website so we should be insulated :)

I am excited about RevistaliseD3 as it gives the multivitamin aspect that was missing before. It is at lower doses than Repashy or Reptivite so that fits in with my trying to get fat soluble vitamins to a minimum level in the diet. I am not so concerned about my chameleons getting more D3 as my UVB takes care of that and D3 is meant to be a daily top off - not a biweekly spike. But since there is some mysterious interaction between D3 and A ("Antagonistic") it seems like a good thing to have together if they are given in the diet. I have been testing this with both indoors and outdoors chameleons. I know the Repashy Calcium Plus LoD works okay and Revitalise is a quarter of the D3/A so it working well is not a surprise. But it will take time to determine if this is a good solution to the various cases of apparent vitamin A deficiency. That is really what I am hoping to get from this product.

As for frequency of feedings, we feed every other day so we can easily adapt the official cycle to our keeping. I have been doing that for over two years across a range of species and it works. Using RevitaliseD3 every two weeks is fine for Panther, Veileds, and Jacksons. Using it twice a month is giving less fat soluble vitamins than Repashy Calcium Plus LoD once a month so it doesn't deviate from what many of us have been doing.

If you all have any question about how to specifically use these for chameleons please ask and we can talk it out!

Bill

(Thank you @Beman :) )

Chameleon nutrition is a very inexact science executed in very inexact amounts and doses. I think there is no problem having the schedule approximate. Your schedule would be fine.

Hello all! Yes, I decided I had to start carrying the Arcadia supplements because I have been recommending them for a couple years now and kept hearing about how it was always sold out. I found out that these are popular in the bearded dragon world so that community would soak up the inventory. So, I now have stock for the chameleon world! Terrestrial reptile people wouldn't be hanging out on my arboreal caging website so we should be insulated :)

I am excited about RevistaliseD3 as it gives the multivitamin aspect that was missing before. It is at lower doses than Repashy or Reptivite so that fits in with my trying to get fat soluble vitamins to a minimum level in the diet. I am not so concerned about my chameleons getting more D3 as my UVB takes care of that and D3 is meant to be a daily top off - not a biweekly spike. But since there is some mysterious interaction between D3 and A ("Antagonistic") it seems like a good thing to have together if they are given in the diet. I have been testing this with both indoors and outdoors chameleons. I know the Repashy Calcium Plus LoD works okay and Revitalise is a quarter of the D3/A so it working well is not a surprise. But it will take time to determine if this is a good solution to the various cases of apparent vitamin A deficiency. That is really what I am hoping to get from this product.

As for frequency of feedings, we feed every other day so we can easily adapt the official cycle to our keeping. I have been doing that for over two years across a range of species and it works. Using RevitaliseD3 every two weeks is fine for Panther, Veileds, and Jacksons. Using it twice a month is giving less fat soluble vitamins than Repashy Calcium Plus LoD once a month so it doesn't deviate from what many of us have been doing.

If you all have any question about how to specifically use these for chameleons please ask and we can talk it out!

Bill

(Thank you @Beman :) )

Thank you for this @DeremensisBlue! My RevitaliseD3 will be here Saturday and will be replacing it with the Repashy LoD I have. I'd love to get clarification first hand for a juvenile who is feeding every day. From my understanding it's recommended to do the following with an every day feeding.

• EarthPro-A - every feeding
• CalciumPro-Mg - once a week, no EarthPro-A
• RevitaliseD3 - once a week, no EarthPro-A

Then when he becomes a full simply replace with an every other day(ish) feeding.

Is this correct?

Y
Thank you for this @DeremensisBlue! My RevitaliseD3 will be here Saturday and will be replacing it with the Repashy LoD I have. I'd love to get clarification first hand for a juvenile who is feeding every day. From my understanding it's recommended to do the following with an every day feeding.

• CalciumPro-Mg - once a week, no EarthPro-A
• RevitaliseD3 - once a week, no EarthPro-A

Then when he becomes a full simply replace with an every other day(ish) feeding.

Is this correct?
Yes, this is correct. Keep the weekend feedings with the CalciumPro-Mg and RevitaliseD3, but reduce the every day feedings during the week.

@DeremensisBlue how would you recommend supplementing for Jackson's? One of our members @CBee7726 wanted to know if there was anything different he should do with these supplements. :)
I am keeping the same schedule for my Jackson's. The amount of D3 and A in two feedings of RevitaliseD3 are still less than one feeding with Repashy Calcium Plus LoD so the overall amount of fat soluble vitamins is actually lower than what I had been doing with one of my Jackson's groups.

Y
Yes, this is correct. Keep the weekend feedings with the CalciumPro-Mg and RevitaliseD3, but reduce the every day feedings during the week.

Oh shoot, I meant to type every two weeks on the CalciumPro-Mg and RevitalizeD3, not once a week. So it would be as follows:

• CalciumPro-Mg - once every two weeks, no EarthPro-A
• RevitaliseD3 - once every two weeks, no EarthPro-A

Oh shoot, I meant to type every two weeks on the CalciumPro-Mg and RevitalizeD3, not once a week. So it would be as follows:

• CalciumPro-Mg - once every two weeks, no EarthPro-A
• RevitaliseD3 - once every two weeks, no EarthPro-A
I am glad you caught that! (Although I am sure there is a wide margin for error here. )

Back
Top Bottom