Dragon Strand Medium/Large

King4Zerg

Hi, if I were to buy a dragon strand cage which one would be good for a 4month old chameleon I want this because he is out growing his cage by the months

Hi, if I were to buy a dragon strand cage which one would be good for a 4month old chameleon I want this because he is out growing his cage by the months
Do you want something that you can keep him in forever or something for the next stage of growth?

Large, or even bigger not the medium, in my opponion i think they need more then 2x2x4 but thats the the smallest you should go, i currently have a panther 7months old and a vieled who is 4 and half maybe 5 and within the next year or so im going to get the dragon strand atrium large if you can go with that one its perfect!

Here’s the three Dragon Stand options that are to size for an adult male veiled. Don’t forget to get their drainage systems, too! These cages also come in clear-sided, too.

Attachments

• FAFF1495-01EF-43E3-8675-5BA9933B8D4F.png
    FAFF1495-01EF-43E3-8675-5BA9933B8D4F.png
    679.8 KB · Views: 110
  • ED640D41-E1F7-4939-877D-18A5ADE1FFD7.png
    ED640D41-E1F7-4939-877D-18A5ADE1FFD7.png
    986.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 6D03057A-2668-4D85-8260-C690DA8E8639.png
    6D03057A-2668-4D85-8260-C690DA8E8639.png
    881.5 KB · Views: 113
If you want one bigger than 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall or 4’ by 2’ by 4’ tall, build your own custom cage!

The only trouble with building it is doing it right you should watch a video if you can find one of it done properly there is a lot that goes into it. Another option is diycages i havent gotten one from them but it seems to be same quality if not better then a reptibreeze for just a extra 80$. But once again dragon strand atrium is the way to go hope everything everyone has said helps.

Attachments

• F7DF90F0-746E-4B54-8E9A-9DB52A1B6619.png
    F7DF90F0-746E-4B54-8E9A-9DB52A1B6619.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 91
So I went to the link and saw your design( It was wicked awesome) but if I'm going to do I need to know what to use as a drainage system and what type of wood and if I want it around 6' tall how big should I use the sides what type of screen I should use and some other stuff that I can find on my own

So I went to the link and saw your design( It was wicked awesome) but if I'm going to do I need to know what to use as a drainage system and what type of wood and if I want it around 6' tall how big should I use the sides what type of screen I should use and some other stuff that I can find on my own
Thanks! So for wood, I’m using MDF sealed with Pentair Epoxy Paint for the sides and substrate bin. You can also use PVC panels to seal the sides if you want something else that’s solid, though. I’m using wood 2x2s for the frame, also sealed with epoxy paint. You could also use PVC pipe instead of wood for the frame, or steel/aluminum square pipe. Since my cage will be wooden sides and a substrate bin, I’m using lag bolt screws. I’m using wood glue along with screws to really strengthen everything. If you use PVC or all screen for the sides, regular screws will do. On the inner screen, I’m using 1/2” PVC coated hardware cloth and regular window screen mesh for the outside part. You can use just one, but mine still like to climb the screen and I still wanted bug protection. If you go with the hardware cloth, use washers with it or use screws with built in washers. Staples will work to attach the window screen to the wood. You’ll need aquarium sealant for the seams between everything. If you do a custom background, you’ll need black waterfall foam and more aquarium silicone. If you need anything else, let me know!

For drainage, I’m filling the bottom ~3” of the substrate bin with lava rock (will have a drainage hole in the bottom of the bin with window screen hot glued over it and a bucket below), using weed barrier to make a barrier for the soil. My temporary cages are bare bottom, as in I have a substrate tray with egg crate/lighting diffuser stacked up in it (it’s easier and sturdier than building a shelf/frame out of it) and a moss mat over that for visual appeal. When the water level gets to the moss mat, I just siphon out the water, but you can also drill a hole in the bottom of the substrate tray (with window screen hot glued over it) that drains to a bucket below.

If you use window screen and window screen frame, about $80. For what I’m doing, about $200-$500
That’s $80 if you buy 4 window screen kits, not if you buy everything separate. I made my old cage out of the kits and it was 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall

Back
Top Bottom