Dragon Strand Hybrid Customization Build

I keep my apartment around the same temp year round so I don't deal with temp fluctuations. @Beman has a hybrid and lives in CA so maybe she can weigh-in with her experiences.

What's great about the hybrid is it allows you to create a very controlled environment and you don't have to deal with water spraying out the sides. I keep multiple chams so it's also nice because it creates a visual barrier between chameleons.

I'm going to disagree with the screen being a good climbing option -- my panther cham as lost a lot of his nails to climbing the screen as a baby and they don't grow back.
Do you think your bugs/insects are OK with climbing around the plants and trellis you use in the hybrids if they were to escape a feeder run (probably crickets)?

I don't use a trellis in my hybrid since they come with ledges to attach everything to. And while none of my bugs have escaped (I make extra sure they don't because it freaks me out 😅), I have full confidence they would have no issue climbing around.

I have 3 hybrids... I live in northern Cali where the natural humidity level is high. I keep 3 male veileds currently. I run a dehumidifier in the room during the day to pull the humidity down from the 80-85% it reaches without it down to 35-40% during the day. I do run a different misting timing then most due to my humidity. But all this I would have to do with screen as well.

I like the hybrids for many reasons... I have multiple chams and these make it so they can not see each other. The chimney effect works like a charm pulling the ambient room air in. Your ambient humidity and temps stay stable... even with pulling the air from the room with the chimney effect. so at night same thing temps start to drop in the room and the cages pull those temps. So your getting airflow the same way but it allows control over the environment better IMO.

I have all my feeders in a feeder run or I cup feed only. I use the dragon ledges to fully set up my branch system. I do not agree with screen being used as a climbing space.. They break nails and can fall off the screen as they get bigger. This was one big bonus to the hybrid. I have one male that will climb constantly it became dangerous since he is missing nails from being a baby and doing it. So he would fall off the screen 3 feet to the bottom screen floor.

It's aliveeeeeeee! The custom background is covered at timestamp 10:17 and here is the affiliate link to where I bought the backdrop from. Part 2 is already in the works :)

I enjoyed watching this video originally on YouTube!! You mention you should have ordered the backdrop slightly smaller to account for the cage frames. Do you know what the actual measurements are for the coverage area?

Back
Top Bottom