Dragon Strand Hybrid Customization Build

Right there with you @Gingero ordered one so but the screen one with the pvc back. Its supposed to be here this week. I plan to use some pond foam and attempt a naturalistic background...keyword attempt lol.
Awesome!! Good luck with the build. Not sure I’ll have my how-to video done by this week :( But I’d recommend building out the background first before assembling.

Today’s update:
7BB9F53D-C8FE-4C96-9333-DE5504C53B65.jpeg 0BA3F29E-F880-47DF-AAF2-9D0315957681.jpeg 964EC5BC-AD2F-4B53-B388-3BEB1D85B0FB.jpeg A2DAE8A1-ACAB-48DA-BA8D-03E6A2CE650B.jpeg 082D2496-FEFB-44A1-B5F2-6C2DE5629AD5.jpeg

If you’re talking about the one in the middle it’s a fake silk pothos vine. It’s in there for now until the live plants have time to fill in. That real pothos at the top should create some nice vines down the middle.

Gingero, where did you get that awesome background?
Im not sure about her, but I go to this local fish store by my house for supplies for my fish (obviously, idk why I had to explain that) and they have rolls of it lined up for fish tanks, but they are mostly aquatic scenes, but maybe my reptile store has something like that. Possibly Petsmart/Petco

Im not sure about her, but I go to this local fish store by my house for supplies for my fish (obviously, idk why I had to explain that) and they have rolls of it lined up for fish tanks, but they are mostly aquatic scenes, but maybe my reptile store has something like that. Possibly Petsmart/Petco
Thank you for that idea. I'll take a look.

I could barely drill the hole for the hydration mount... definitely would not have been able to drill the holes needed for the ledges lol

I could barely drill the hole for the hydration mount... definitely would not have been able to drill the holes needed for the ledges lol
:hilarious: for real... I was thinking that must be pre drilled holes in the panels or there would be some seriously crooked dragon ledges out there. :LOL:

It's aliveeeeeeee! The custom background is covered at timestamp 10:17 and here is the affiliate link to where I bought the backdrop from. Part 2 is already in the works :)

Does the hybrid make a difference with temperature control? I am in the Bay Area, California, so it gets hot in the summer but not very cold in the winter months (I am not in SF proper, but an hour south of San Francisco).

I know we can do a trellis or various climbing options with the hybrids, but I think the screen sides are great for climbing in general and beat other possibilities. I am so conflicted about hybrid vs. screen enclosure and am about a month or two away from ordering the upgraded DS for my cham... UGH!!!

I keep my apartment around the same temp year round so I don't deal with temp fluctuations. @Beman has a hybrid and lives in CA so maybe she can weigh-in with her experiences.

What's great about the hybrid is it allows you to create a very controlled environment and you don't have to deal with water spraying out the sides. I keep multiple chams so it's also nice because it creates a visual barrier between chameleons.

I'm going to disagree with the screen being a good climbing option -- my panther cham as lost a lot of his nails to climbing the screen as a baby and they don't grow back.

Back
Top Bottom