Dragon Strand Hybrid Customization Build

Gingero

Neptune the Chameleon
Site Sponsor
Hi chameleon peeps.

So I just ordered and received the Tall Hybrid enclosure from Dragon Strand and now it's time to start assembling and decorating and don't worry I'll be documenting the whole process. (Can you believe there are no Dragon Strand cage assembly videos?)

The hybrid cage comes with white PVC side and back panels (as seen below) and I'm wanting to paint them and add a custom background to make them more visually appealing. I've seen Flexseal come highly recommended for painting wood enclosures... would this also work for smooth PVC surfaces? Does anyone have any suggestions on safe, waterproof paints, or custom background ideas? I'm thinking maybe black or a dark green.... @Brodybreaux25 @cyberlocc

1587844731868.png

(not my picture) My enclosure is still in the box lol. Just wanted you guys to see the white sides.

Why would you want that on the back and sides of your cage. Poor chameleon want be able to see out except for the front? That’s sad! These guys are so alert and nosy and really like to see what’s going on.

I needed visual barriers on the sides so they don't see my other chams and the back keeps water from getting on my wall. The white didn't seem natural or appealing to me so I'm going with a naturalistic background.

I spend allot of time with my chameleons and see how much they love looking around at everything. I personally couldn’t imagine blocking their view. I personally wouldn’t even put mine in a cage and we always place their condos by a window because of how much they enjoy looking outside.

You could have the pvc sides wrapped with whatever background you want. Loses a bit of the personal touch you might be looking for though.

We'll see how it turns out... Can always scrap the backgrounds if need be or just do one side. I'm not 100% set on anything :)

I like the background.

I mean, I LOVE the idea of open enclosures so they can look around, but I understand your visual concerns...so your background that you choose looks nice to me.

Neptune has a background on his and has never had that issue.

Chams will paw at the screen and sides even if there isn’t a background.

Neptune has a background on his and has never had that issue.

Chams will paw at the screen and sides even if there isn’t a background.
Thank you. I have wondered. I like the idea of a background. I wanted to try painting or printing on clear glass, so it is like looking trough trees.

Back
Top Bottom